Waiting for waiver interview certain situation please any advice
Create Post

Waiting for waiver interview certain situation please any advice

So it is about to be a year that I have been trying to get into the DEP program I am 21 in Miami Fl I have been to meps and was set to go with a 55 on my asvab and everything else cleared I was not able to enlist though. Because of previous arrests so never got interviewed by a liaison. 3 years ago why I was 19 I was arrested for a cannabis possession and intent to distribute it. The case was dropped in court and didn't receive any fees charges etc. but then 2 years ago on August 19 2013 I was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol I was a minor so I automatically go to jail. Since I live in Florida there is a program called "back on track" which allows you to get your charge reduced to a reckless driving you have to pay a lot of money do classes A.A sessions
    community service , attend like seminar type things , check in every month to a case manager for 9 months or until you are done with the program. They just make sure your doing what you have to do to stay out of trouble and finish the program. I finished the program and my charge was reduced a year ago. I have been waiting to go to validation which is what my recruiter told me would be the next step. He stated I will do an ist and have an interview with the SGT major of the RSS
    i had to get 5 references which I did. But it's been a year now doing this whole process and for the last 4 months my interview keeps on getting rescheduled i do not know why.
    I am doing 17 pull ups 130+ crunches and 10-10:30 minute runs on the mile and half on my most recent ists at the recruiting station. I now stay out of trouble just focus on work and school. Going to school to get my aircraft mechanic license and also did jrotc for 3 years. Anybody ever had a similar situation ? What are my chances of getting accepted in? Please help and thanks sorry for the long post

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote " It's been a year now doing this whole process and for the last 4 months my interview keeps getting rescheduled ".

This should tell you something without all of us telling you.

IMHO finish school and get your aircraft mechanics license.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah, what the MasterGunz said.....a recruiter brushing you off like that should be telling you that it's not gonna happen.

I am not telling you to give up, but it doesn't sound like the Corps is going to be an option. Keep your nose clean, finish school, and move on with your life.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Normally I would agree with Jimmy and Joe but the OP says that the interviews are being "rescheduled", not cancelled or dropped entirely. So, to me, this throws a whole new light on it----

what I would suggest is that the OP make an appointment for a face to face discussion, re if he has a chance or not. I don't see any other way to find out.

The appointments are being rescheduled; if they didn't want you at all, they would not reschedule anything, they would forget about you entirely.

No phone calls. Personal interview. If that is declined, call and ask if you have any chance at all. You have no finality with this until you find out for sure.

Thanks for answering thats is pretty much what I have been doing this whole time just waiting for the final answer if it's a no it's a no. I have spoken to my recruiter in the past 2 months and he told me that "it wasn't looking promising" but not impossible but that 3 people out my recruiting station have been denied for simple possession charges so that discouraged me a lot his boss told me the same thing so that kind of did it for me but i won't give up until i officially get an answer

Nothing wrong with keeping a positive attitude and staying out of trouble (although it's probably too late for that). Your first priority needs to be your education and attaining the license. Becoming a Marine now realistically is your 3rd or 4th option (if at all).

I believe you have gotten your answer. I believe you have gotten good advice from those who have responded to your post, but you apparently haven't accepted it. As the Master Guns said finish your education, and get an aircraft mechanic license. There is another alternative however; see if any of the other services will take you. They each have aircraft. Good Luck!

Thanks all you guys I will continue in school and working also working out to keep in shape I will just wait to see what happens like USMC2571 if it's meant to be it will happen at this point it's kinda like marines or nothing I wouldn't be happy in another branch . But I will look into other branches anyways to see what my options are and if they will even take me. Thanks for the quick responses

Thanks all you guys I will continue in school and working also working out to keep in shape I will just wait to see what happens like USMC2571 if it's meant to be it will happen at this point it's kinda like marines or nothing I wouldn't be happy in another branch . But I will look into other branches anyways to see what my options are and if they will even take me. Thanks for the quick responses

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Best of luck and it's " M " arines...

Thread Information