Marines with ungrandfathered tattoos that dont meet current regulations
Create Post

Marines with ungrandfathered tattoos that dont meet current regulations

Hello Marines I thank you all for your service..

My question has to do with current Marines that enlisted between 2011-2015 walking around with half sleeve and full sleeve tattoos?I know they banned for years and the last policy changes were in 2010.How is this possible?

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Really ? Seriously ? Another thread about this topic ?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Their command did not come down on them for it, which most don't

what does that have to do with anything though, the policy still stands and I can almost guarantee they won't be able to reenlist

some are grandfathered and some have been NJP. I fail to see how any of this pertains to you, all you idiots are so concerned about ****ing tattoos. I get so ****ed at people who ask stupid questions about things that dont matter like tattoos. Why does everyone need to get tattoos no one will think you are tough or badass because you have tattoos especially when you are some stupid boot fresh off the Island looking to try and suckle at the teet of your NCO's.

MunkyVsRobot , calm down We wouldn't want to offend someone, now would We ... I'm still waiting on My waiver from the Grandkids to get My next one .

Yeah... I dont know what came over me i think my sanity left the building during this tirade. it just boggles my mind though that people come on here claiming theyve wanted to be a Marine since they were a fetus but yet they really have to get this tattoo that isnt authorized.

Is the tattoo policy dumb? Yeah i think it is stupid but I am enlisted which means never will i ever sign a policy or MCO. Meaning that I obey orders and instruct everyone else on how to follow them. Should tattoos be discriminated out in the real world by potential employers? No they shouldnt, but they still are so untill all of this stuff changes things will be what they will be.

Also seeing as we just lost our last commandant so quickly and there was no real turn over i dont see the tattoo policy being that high on the list at the moment.

I am no longer on active duty so all I can do is gauge the importance of issues by what I read (which is a lot) and hear from active duty Marines (my niece is currently a LCpl at CLNC so I do have access to Devils).

Seems to me, the tattoo policy comes up a lot in the fleet. The SgtMaj of the Marine Corps even had it as a topic at his recent symposium because he is often asked about it during his travels around the Corps. He also stated he even talks about it with the SgtMaj of the Army.

I agree the current policy may not be a priority for the new CMC for sometime (he has much bigger fish to fry). But, it is on the minds of many Marines from his SgtMaj on down. That it is also on the minds of so many wannabes should be no surprise to anyone. The OP did not give his opinion about tattoos either way. He is simply confused as to how so many can walk around with half sleeves since they have been banned. It's a legitimate question. You can go to the recruit depots today and see DI's with sleeves pushing recruits. In my book - that is no ban.

wow some you Marines need to take a tranquilizer or something,, he may be just curious.. he didn't say it pertained to him at all,, good grief..

to the OP as was stated in between the break downs of some, it is up to the command as to enforcement..

The tattoo policy is dumb. Im encouraged to hear that at least some commands care less about enforcing it than they do about retaining otherwise good Marines.

Thank you Marines for replying to my questions..

I'm not a poolee,and I'm not enlisting..the reason I made this topic was I know a 0311 corporal that joined in 2012 and he has a full sleeve tattoo,and apparently alot of Marines in his platoon have sleeve tattoos that are not grandfathered..I asked him how him and his fellow Marines are allowed to stay in..I was told he has a negative counseling for his tattoos and other Marines in his unit have negative counselings,and njps for their tattoos but you aren't thrown out for tattoos..

Thank you Marines..

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by straightlaced90 View Post
    I know a 0311 corporal that joined in 2012
    _____= 03

he has a full sleeve tattoo,
    Marines in his platoon have sleeve tattoos
    I asked him how him and his fellow Marines
    are allowed to stay in..

I was told he has a negative counseling for his tattoos
    other Marines in his unit have negative counselings,
    and njps for their tattoos,
    but you aren't thrown out for tattoos..

Thank you Marines..
    I'd venture to say you failed on your mathmatics
    or basic logic courses...

unless something changes quickly to the point
    of the US MarineCorps needing people in a hurry
    and waiving restrictions. he will be due for end of enlistment
    here shortly and will be denyed re-enlistment...

easy , isn't it.......

betcha they still had a minimum 4 year enlistment
    in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    I'd venture to say you failed on your mathmatics
    or basic logic courses...

unless something changes quickly to the point
    of the US MarineCorps needing people in a hurry
    and waiving restrictions. he will be due for end of enlistment
    here shortly and will be denyed re-enlistment...

easy , isn't it.......

betcha they still had a minimum 4 year enlistment
    in 2012
    Sir what I was saying was the Marine is currently a Corporal and that he joined in 2012 and he disobeyed the tattoo policy since than and it shocked me he was allowed to stay in..

They dont kick you out, they just wont let your re-enlist. Once you are in, unless you do something like really really bad like murder someone or break the law like sell drugs out of your barracks room, its pretty hard to get thrown out.

Thread Information