Contract question
Create Post

Contract question

Hey Marines!
    I have already enlisted into the DEP and signed my contract and all that. I feel like this question has been asked before so if it has I apologize in advance, I just couldn't seem to find the answer to my question. I know that after my 4 years I have to serve another 3 years in the IRR, but my question is after I finish my 4 years active, can I reenlist to another 4 years active duty instead of serving 3 years in the IRR? thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Hey poolee!

If you're eligible, you can ask permission to reenlist near the end of your contract. Approval/disapproval will depend on the needs of the Marine Corps at that time. Just because one is eligible, does not mean their request will be approved.

Thank you Top! I had asked my recruiter and Im not sure if he understood me correctly. Thank you for the help, my father is a Marine and i told myself I wouldn't be satisfied unless I outranked pops one day.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes

What was your dad's rank?

LCpl from 91-95. I know it's very possible to get Cpl or even Sgt within my 4 year enlistment, but anything could happen and the more I can beat him by the better.

I think it depends on your MOS etc;. Maybe, your dad was in a MOS where rank was slow; who knows-do you? Maybe there was circumstances byond his control. I think that If I was you, I would concentrate on being the best Marine you can be.

I've met a lot of great Privates, PFC's, and LCPL's who didn't make it to the Non-Com ranks, but I trusted them with my life. Think about it!

True, my father was also reserves and I've heard promotions go slower. More than anything I wanted to put more time in the corps if I wasn't satisfied with my 4 years

What, not satisfied with the Corps? Everyday is a holiday and every meal a feast! I'd worry about extending when the time comes, but first you got to get through boot camp....

I think all I worry about anymore is boot camp, its all I've ever wanted and now that its within reach I'm super excited to the point that its all I think about.

That's a positive attitude, and you will need that attitude to get you through Boot Camp. Let's be honest, Marine Boot Camp has a lot of casualties in terms of that people don't adapt to the system, therefore they are dropped from Boot Camp. It isn't for everyone, Graduation is for the Few, The Proud, The Marines.

It is a tough learning curve, and it will continue to the day you die. Everything the DI's do in the recruit depot is for a reason. What they teach you will keep you alive.

Good Luck to you! Hope you become part of the Marines!

Thank you Hammer, I'll do everything in my power to be a part of the Few!

Thread Information