Does passibg or failing the ist determine whether you ship or not ?
Create Post

Does passibg or failing the ist determine whether you ship or not ?

Hello everyone.
    Like the title says
    But if I passed an ist last month and was given a ship date 2 months from the time I passed it

Then I go in this month and fail it. What would happen. Would my ship date be changed??

Similar Threads:

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    According to this post in 2006, http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...g%20the%20IST?

Youll fail and go to PCP ( physical conditioning platoon ) there you will staty until you can pass the IST and then you will be picked up by the next available company.

Get moto man. Keep your head up and push yourself . Youll be able to do it but you have got to want it. YOu do not want to go to PCP .
    Also on a new post: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...T-in-Boot-Camp

There is an IST the second morning you're there (Processing day 2). You must pass the IST to be picked up by a training platoon. Those failing the IST are sent to the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP) where they work on the IST until they can pass it and then will be picked up for training. Most of the recruits who fail the IST do so out of exhaustion/lack of sleep over the previous 48 hours. You must be able to pass the IST before your recruiter will let you ship to bootcamp.

Recruiters have access to the bootcamp training schedule/matrix. Talk to your recruiter and see if they'll give you a copy (some only give it to the family so they can keep up with their recruit's daily schedule at home). It shows all the scheduled PT including formation runs. For instance, there is a 1.5 mile formation run on Training Day 2. Of course, it can't show the Incentive Training (IT) that LCPL1341 mentioned and takes place inside the sand pits and on the quarterdeck inside the squadbay (punishment).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your recruiter should be giving you another IST within a few days of your ship date. If you fail, you don't ship.

As CodyCoch posted, you also get to take an IST on your second day in boot camp (when you do ship). If you fail that one, the Fat Farm (PCP) awaits.

Get your lazy butt out and PT.

Your IST that you take in boot will be on Friday (black Friday) which is the last day in receiving. If you do fail that IST it will be up to your senior drill instructor whether or not you pick up at that time or if you get cycled back after PCP with another company that is picking up. We had a recruit in my platoon who failed the run, but our senior let him pick up anyway and they got him in shape real fast. Secondly, IST's are easy. If I remember correctly you have 15 min for your 1.5 mile run, its like 2-3 pullups and 44-45 crunches. You should have no problems doing that.
    And as the above Marine stated, you will run an IST before you ship or the day you are shipping out you will run one to make sure you pass. Once that happens and your on the bus to the airport you're no longer your recruiters responsibility

Thread Information