Beer
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer

Beer

Anyone live around any ALDI stores? They have a pretty interesting selection of beers and wines. I got a six pack of BACHER beer, now get this. GERMAN STYLE LAGER, but its a PRODUCT OF BELGIUM. Got it for 5.99 six pack. Good lager, goes down good with pizza, nice clean under the German Purity Law. I'd give it a six out of a possible ten. It's OK beer. Never heard of these brands before, they also have BOOT TREAD ALE out of Belgium, again, not the fanciest or best ale but its ok. Affordable. But what really takes the cake here is the WINKLING OWL wine, I get it for 2.89 a bottle, its from California, and its just as good as any I've had. Very good wine. They have a beer called MONTERREY, from EL SALVADOR, haven't tried it, but never seen that down in El Salvador. In El Salvador, I'll drink PILSEN LAGER, which is their main seller there. What kinda beers do you like? New? Different?

Similar Threads:

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I was wondering when someone would bring up this topic. Thanks.

In my memory of beer drinking.
    I can recall NOT wishing to drink a "Particular brand of beer"

IT , I can remember was from india, that is it.

I've found a few things worth remembering about the
    rest of the beers that i am willing to drink../..

99.44% of ANY beer is good beer.
    YOB is best , =your own brand
    OPB's works when thats what's on hand.
    OPB=other peoples brand..

Drink it warm if you have to
    drink it warm if want to

Beggars cant be choosers..
    now lets go to China Beach and have a party !!!

Been to our ALDI store a couple times. Don't remember seeing an alcohol section. But, wouldn't be looking for it anyway so probably just missed it.

Don't really do beer much anymore, but willing to try different beers on occasion. Here in Texas the beer I like that is very prevalent is SHINER. Hooters serves it in 22 ounce ice cold mugs. Nice sports bar and the ladies are very pleasant. I like to go in there on a very hot day and start with one of those beers, ice cold, down it fast, then I'll nurse the other one. Two and good to go.

Shiner is a very good GERMAN recipe beer, kind of a darker colored beer, very nice. If you prefer a good buzz with little in ways of drinking many beers to fulfill that sensation, I highly recommend a good ALE. And why not start with the good quality ones. CHIMAY. Expensive yes, but you'll know the different. It's like having a good cigar versus a 5 cent cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    In my memory of beer drinking.
    I can recall NOT wishing to drink a "Particular brand of beer"

IT , I can remember was from india, that is it.

I've found a few things worth remembering about the
    rest of the beers that i am willing to drink../..

99.44% of ANY beer is good beer.
    YOB is best , =your own brand
    OPB's works when thats what's on hand.
    OPB=other peoples brand..

Drink it warm if you have to
    drink it warm if want to

Beggars cant be choosers..
    now lets go to China Beach and have a party !!!

Sounds like you got those beers down to a science.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In Heaven there Ain't no Beer that's why Ed drank it ALL here...

marine1011

I was wondering when someone would bring up this topic. Thanks.
    ................ ................. .................. ............... ...........
    A-men brother !
    ​............. ................ .................. ...................

29palms

Sounds like you got those beers down to a science.
    ........... ........... .............. .............. ............... ..
    "So MANY BEERs, so little TIME ! "
    .............. ............... ............... ............... ...........
    BEER's GOOD,
    Makes you STRONG,
    like BULL .......

Some say women are god's gift to man-
    others contend, it's beer.....

neither of the two choices are you able to
    "own"

Makes you STRONG,
    like BULL ....... smart like tractor

New beer out here in Texas. Called GUNS AND OIL. Here is the web site. Haven't tried them yet, heard they had them in HEB. It's a grocery chain out of San Antonio all over Texas.

http://gunsandoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    New beer out here in Texas. Called GUNS AND OIL. Here is the web site. Haven't tried them yet, heard they had them in HEB. It's a grocery chain out of San Antonio all over Texas.

http://gunsandoil.com/
    Back in the day, never went to Slop Chutes, only went to Cocktail Lounges but if none available I would partake in a little Raisin Jack that would shine up a black canteen cup.

Raisin Jack? That sounds like a jail house thing.

Then again, if you ever happened upon the AMERICAN CORMORANT out in the Diego Garcia Lagoon, you may have wasted away some good brain cells on that MO JOE. Tuti Fruti kinda thing make your head swim.

Well, here is blast from the past. You won't believe what I am drinking, didn't even know they still sold it. Before I tell you what it is, I was really in the mood for OLD STYLE kind of beers, that kind of meet that Wisconsin brewed beers criteria such as Shlitz and Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee. It's hard to find those. My local VALERO gasoline station seemed to quit carrying my PBR's, which ticked me off. So i'm driving around looking for something in that ball park. Of cheap but good beers from the past. And what was the best I could find? SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR...Mmmm, that's pretty rank, but at 5.9 alcohol, I suspect, I can get used to it, at least for the six pack I bought. Don't know if I'll do it again. It was a bit nostalgic for me because, these beers I had at the REC club in 29 palms because, cheap and good buzz for the money, but I'm doing a little bit better than that, so for now......CHEERS my brutha!

5.9 percent alcohol. I'm a feelin it. Rank but a buzz is end product here.

Thread Information