Looking for the yearbook for my dad.
Create Post

Looking for the yearbook for my dad.

I'm hoping someone can help. My dad was not in the habit of preserving things very well and when my parents moved last year we realized that his yearbook was attacked by bugs and such. He was at Camp Lejeune, NC. Entry 6/1964 , H&S Co, 2 Bn. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a copy of his book? Maybe a class picture?
    Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by LoriZ View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help. My dad was not in the habit of preserving things very well and when my parents moved last year we realized that his yearbook was attacked by bugs and such. He was at Camp Lejeune, NC. Entry 6/1964 , H&S Co, 2 Bn. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a copy of his book? Maybe a class picture?
    Thanks!

Unfortunately we would need his Platoon number from boot camp and if he went to boot camp at P.I. or S.D. will help a bunch..Do you knows these ?

Thanks!
    Please forgive my possible misinterpretation of the abbreviations. I'm hoping this is the info needed. I found 2nd CruitTrn-Bn, MCRD San Diego, CA. "Q" Company. Any help?

Without his Platoon number we can't really do much..I have a section called looking for your Platoon book .. Have you look there??

I'll look there. But any chance, would any of the platoon numbers be on hid DD214? He's been diagnosed with dementia so the recall if a bit shaky at times. I'll use your links in the meantime. Thanks again!

No ma'am it wouldn't..

Well miracles happen. I found it. Second battalion, platoon 254, graduated 9/16/1964

Well miracles happen. I found it. Second battalion, platoon 254, graduated 9/16/1964
    So does this mean you found his book?

Well I found the remnants of his book. I would like to replace it. Optimally, I would like to give it as a gift for his 70th birthday ibm November. Gotta get started now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here is the link to where you can get platoon grad books and platoon photos:

http://www.mcrdmuseumhistoricalsociety.org/

Bad news, they have no grad books earlier than 1975.

Good news, they have platoon photos back to 1937.

Thank you Zulu 36 for the help..

Thread Information