Engineering and construction option
Create Post

Engineering and construction option

Hello Marines.

I've been doing some searching on here and on the interwebs but I can't find and solid information.

Today my recruiter told me that he got me "engineering and construction option" for my mos and as i said. I couldn't find much.

So i am wondering if you guys would have any information at all as to what the mos might entail. What their usual day might look like

Thank you in advance

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Can't help you, but have you asked your recruiter for more info that he may or may not have? Someone will be along here to give you some good info, hopefully. Good luck.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    By the way, I like your honesty in your profile, under "Interests"---eating and sleeping--in capital letters, no less. That'll change real quickly in boot camp, as you can well imagine. LOL. Good luck and welcome to the site.

I get nothing from him he hasn't replied. Thanks for the help though.

Was not a combat engineer but served with two combat engineer companies (one active duty and one reserve). Construction engineers build bridges, fortifications, defensive positions, roads, etc and also learn demolitions (how to destroy the enemy's fortifications, bridges, roads, and defensive positions). In MOS school, one of the class projects is to build a bridge. Engineers can earn apprenticeship certificates that carryover to civilian employment. Besides construction engineers, there are also heavy equipment operators (backhoes, tractors, etc) but that is a different primary MOS and MOS school.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    The option you described could mean the possibility of many different MOS's. You could end up a 1371(combat engineer) with an ESB(engineer support battalion), a CLB(combat logistics battalion), a CEB(combat engineer battalion), or with a wing unit......OR you could end up as a 1391(bulk fueler), 1345(heavy equipment operator), 1341(heavy equipment mechanic), 1316(metal worker), etc....all of these MOS can vary quite a bit too based on what type of unit you go to...

your normal day will be no different than about 90% of the Marine Corps though....

0500 wake up
    0500-0630 PT
    0630-0800 change over, chow, clean up
    0800-1100 annual training classes, briefs, gear maintenance, standing around
    1100-1300 chow
    1300-1600 more classes, briefs, maintenance, standing around, formations
    1600-???? get secured(done working) for the day if you're lucky

And then get up the next morning to do it all over again!

Thursday night: field day!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post

Thursday night:

field day!
    at least once........

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I always wondered how many poolees and Marine friends, not knowing the full implications of "field day", think it's some gala event like a giant picnic thrown for the recruits by their DIs just to boost morale. When I first heard the term I thought, wow, a field day. Balloons, food, buffet-style, maybe some lawn chairs by a pool. LOL

Last time we went to visit my niece at Camp LeJeune. Her barracks failed field day inspection so their liberty was cancelled that night and they had to re-do it again Friday night! She was NOT a happy camper!!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Some things never change, Top!

Credits
    Savings
    combat engineer....
    give thekids a hand full of E-tools
    stick um'[ in the dirt fillin'
    a truck full of Burlap bags...

then make um' all PILOTS,,,,,,,,
    pile'um here,
    pile'um there,
    LIKE this......

I'm a 1341 (HE Mechanic). We fall under the Engineer section and are part of Engineer Platoon. We also have Utilities guys (1100s) in our shop. Engineer/Construction is the 13xx/11xx designation. If you have any specific questions about my MOS, either ask on here or inbox me.

Thread Information