Any info on submitting a fy15 PSEP package
Create Post

Any info on submitting a fy15 PSEP package

Good Afternoon Gents,

I just got off active duty at the beginning of this month, EAS was august 8th. While I was on terminal leave I came to realize that I made a mistake by not reenlisting, now I want back in. I did some research and found that you can reenlist by submitting a PSEP package through regular active duty recruiter. Is the Marine Corps currently taking PSEP packages or would I have to wait till January 1st to submit one? I got out as a Cpl and have an re code of re-1a. Any help would gladly be appreciated. Thank you Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    FY15 started last October 1 and ends this September 30....you'd be trying to get in on FY16 which starts on October 1 this year.

You are going to want to talk to a recruiter now to get you in on any open spots that come available for this next fiscal year(again starts October 1). If you wait until January there probably won't be any boat spaces open at all...if there are even any in October.

Actually im looking at fy15 as I want to try to reenlist before October 1st

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCMcGuire View Post
    Actually im looking at fy15 as I want to try to reenlist before October 1st
    I am no recruiter but I doubt there is any boat seats left in any MOS for a NCO with only a month left in FY15.

Even if there was I don't see the package being finished in that time frame either. My re-enlistment took about 3 months total.

Thanks I figured it would be a long shot that there would be any boat spaces left but I wanted to try. I talked to an active duty recruiter today and like I knew he would he blew me off and referred me to a prior service recruiter. When I told him that I have to go through a regular recruiter per the MCO he said I was wrong and he couldn't help me. So now I'm going to call the PSR and see what he says. I feel like its the start of a wild goose chase just to go back on AD

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks I figured it would be a long shot that there would be any boat spaces left but I wanted to try. I talked to an active duty recruiter today and like I knew he would he blew me off and referred me to a prior service recruiter. When I told him that I have to go through a regular recruiter per the MCO he said I was wrong and he couldn't help me. So now I'm going to call the PSR and see what he says. I feel like its the start of a wild goose chase just to go back on AD

Yeah, PSR's technically can do it but that is not their mission. They are meant to push prior active guys into the reserves and into AR billets.

You will need the recruiter to do the package for you but I don't see any reason why you cant contact an active duty monitor, give him your info(name, rank, ID #, MOS, etc) and he can tell you whats available and then take that info to the recruiter

I really think your ship has sailed unless you try maybe lat moving. I know 0211 was hurting real bad for bodies but with a 52,000 bonus im sure those boat spaces are plugged with bodies by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    I really think your ship has sailed unless you try maybe lat moving. I know 0211 was hurting real bad for bodies but with a 52,000 bonus im sure those boat spaces are plugged with bodies by now.
    Well im an 0621 which usually has a butt load of boat spaces. Hopefully I can get back in. Even if I have to wait till January 1st to submit a package.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Well im an 0621 which usually has a butt load of boat spaces. Hopefully I can get back in. Even if I have to wait till January 1st to submit a package.
    whats with the January 1st date?

Again, FY15 ends on September 30. FY16 starts October 1....there are plenty of other Marines in your shoes, do you really thing the boat spaces that will be available on October 1 will still be there on January 1?....

There may be alot of 0621 slots available for the new FY, those spaces are there for new poolees/recruits/Marines...not NCO's

I am not trying to be an a$$ here, just giving you an idea of what is going on.

You need to start a package right now in order to get in on the spaces that open up for the new FY

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    whats with the January 1st date?

Again, FY15 ends on September 30. FY16 starts October 1....there are plenty of other Marines in your shoes, do you really thing the boat spaces that will be available on October 1 will still be there on January 1?....

There may be alot of 0621 slots available for the new FY, those spaces are there for new poolees/recruits/Marines...not NCO's

I am not trying to be an a$$ here, just giving you an idea of what is going on.

You need to start a package right now in order to get in on the spaces that open up for the new FY
    The order states that psep packages aren't accepted until January 1st to give enough time for AD Marines to get first pick of boat spaces.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    The order states that psep packages aren't accepted until January 1st to give enough time for AD Marines to get first pick of boat spaces.
    hmm ok....that makes sense. I apologize, I forgot you were out already

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    hmm ok....that makes sense. I apologize, I forgot you were out already
    no worries brother

Thread Information