In a little.....situation.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

In a little.....situation.

Just spent a few weeks at Lejeune for a training event, I cam home directly after and brought cammies to get washed. Well, I left them up and my mom decided to wash them the first night I was back. Long story short, my rifle card was in my breast pocket; there is still parts of it left, but its pretty much gone. I remember by rifle serial #, but as it stands, I need a new rifle card from the armory. I'd assume I'm in a world of sh*t. Any of you had experience with this? Have you dealt with a Marine who lost'destroyed his rifle card? Have you done it yourself? What's the procedure?

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Judging from your numerous and helpful posts, you are a squared away individual like josephd and munkyvsrobot, and I personally don't see any problem, since it was not due to some extreme negligence, and after all it is a card, not the rifle itself, which would be an entirely different story.

They didn't have rifle cards when I was in, they just issued us a rifle and THEY kept the records of it. But anyway, let us know how this turns out.

Knowing what a big deal is made out of everything nowadays, in and out of the Corps, nothing would surprise me either way. Keep us posted, please.

Lol, than you for the kind words. I will no doubt keep this thread updated. The armory chief (SSgt) is a good guy, but a very angry man, so I expect at least an ass chewing. My main concern is negative paperwork because I've heard of Marines in similar situations getting it. My record has been perfect thus far, I just don't want a pg.11 or 6105 on it.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I think you know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, what I think about the armory chief saying something about this.

Yes, I can guess the response lol. Either way, I'll just go to parade rest, take the ass chewing, then carry on with my day.

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    Yes, I can guess the response lol. Either way, I'll just go to parade rest, take the ass chewing, then carry on with my day.
    That's about all you can do. No rifle cards for me either when I was in. Just hand them my ID, get the rifle, check the S/N.

Take the ass chewing and continue to march.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    I really don't see a major situation coming fro this, as a reminder to back up your wash story...

Keep the debris in a baggy, this will help perhaps...

Rifle cards happen..

Again, it shouldn't be a major issue... as stated previously.. take an ass chewing and carry on..

FO...

If your first sgt is a dick he can give you a pg 11 for it because it is technically a serialized piece of equipment. When you are AD and want to go on leave you turn in your weapons cards and meal card if you rate one. If your 1st sgt is relatively on the level and chill they will just issue you new ones. If you come to them with the pieces of it im sure they will be more understanding than if you didnt have them at all, you could at least corroborate your story.

If you have half way decent NCO's that actually give a crap about their juniors too they will back you up and ensure you dont get messed with.

Good to go gents. I'l keep this thread updated as soon as I get a chance to.

Semper Fi!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Foxtrot and Munky have an excellent point, and that is to present your messed up card, such as it is, in a baggie, just to show, as they said, that your story is true, and that you didn't lose the card somewhere out of carelessness, etc. Good point.

WOW, Your Mother washed Your cammies for You ... Hope You told her Thank You MOM !!! And as Munky said a "Good NCO" should help You out with this situation.
    I know I did for My Marines. S/F

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    This is one of those things(in my experience) that gets brushed under the rug if you're a squared away Marine(which you seem to be) or gets you punished to the fullest extent possible(NJP) if you're a turd.

Either way you're probably gonna get an ass chewing whether it be from one of your NCO's, SNCO's, 1st Sgt, or all three. Take the ass chewing and move on.

I'll echo what the others have said, get the peices you have and put them in a ziploc bag or something so you at least it shows that you "have it' and wasn't careless and lost it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    I really don't see a major situation coming from
    this, as a reminder to back up your wash story...

Keep the debris in a baggy, this will help perhaps...

Rifle cards happen..

Again, it shouldn't be a major issue...
    as stated previously.. take an ass chewing and carry on..

FO...
    DITTO

you didn't loose it.
    It just got Folded and FORKED and didn't stand up
    to the strain...

Wear and Tear, expedited

Thread Information