Recruiting Question
Create Post

Recruiting Question

Hello Marines i'am wishing to enlist as a reservist as i found out by my local recruiter that iam stuck with only the local positions in the city I live in. The problem is I dont really like any of the M.O.S.'s in my city limits. I was wondering if i went to a recruiting office in a area within my state that had a 0300 M.O.S. which is what i want could i do so? I have factored in the expenses of traveling to the city to do poolee meets once a month until i go to boot camp then on to drill and so on im only in it for the pure pride of becoming a Marine and serving my country. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Ummm....ok. When you join the reserves, you join a unit which is near your home of record (local area). If there is no 03xx MOS' available at your LOCAL UNIT, then going to a recruiting station at a different office WILL NOT CHANGE THAT. You're basically stuck with the options at your local station. If you don't like them, then go active and sign an 03xx contract. Basically, NO...you cant go to a different recruiter just to get a different reserve MOS. Your home of record still hasn't changed. You'll also be throwing your current recruiter under the bus and wasting his time.

Quote Originally Posted by chris9834 View Post
    im only in it for the pure pride of becoming a Marine and serving my country. Thanks.
    No you arent if you were the phrase "I dont really like any of the M.O.S.'s in my city limits." Would not have been used in your original statement. If your city doesnt have an infantry unit then find something else or go AD.

Thank you LCPL1341 for your insight on how it works sir. @ MunkyVsRobot at no point in my post did i say that i would not join if i couldnt get the M.O.S. that i desired i just soley wanted insight to see if i could go to a area with a M.O.S. that i wanted to do for 6 years. Either way im enlisting, after making this post i called a local recruiter again and he told me that there is in fact a Artillery unit so that sounds cool to me, and if for some reason that fails I will do Aviation Mechanic im determined. Sorry if my post appeared counter intuitive to you it was not part of my intentions.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Same sentence Munky quoted jumped out at me also, then I read it another three or four times and it seemed different than what I thought you wanted to say. Anyway, keep us updated here on this same thread and good luck to you.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    It's refreshing to see people who just want to become Marines first, then worry about MOS later on. In my day (I know, HERE we go again, young-uns. LOL) In my day we had zero say re MOS. It was given to us. We did what we were told. We joined to become Marines, and we did. What job we got was not up to us. Some of us had no idea the Corps even HAD jobs...we thought Marines were just Marines. A very naïve point of view, but there was no Internet, no one to ask about anything. Anyway, good for the OP, for wanting to be a Marine first, then MOS considerations second.

Thread Information