Parris island november 16th
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parris island november 16th

Shipping out to parris island november 16th. Got the job as security forces and from what i read its a good job. Had a few marines tell me id probably be based in Rota,Spain in FAST company. But i was just wondering while im at SOI will i have the chance to volunteer for Force Recon, thats my main goal? Its hard to find any info on it.

Thanks in advance. -KentuckyStrong

Similar Threads:

What does your recruiter say?

Let's finish Boot Camp first ...

Havent mentioned it to him really.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Force Recon?.....definitely No

Recon?.....also a No

going Security Forces guarantees you a SF seat at the school house in VA and a billet in the fleet somewhere(Rota, Kings Bay, etc). Being that this contract locks you onto a guaranteed MOS and spot in the fleet you aren't eligible try out for Recon after the split at SOI/ITB.

If you want to become a Recon Marine you'd have to wait until you rotate back to a line company after your obligated 3 years at a SF/FAST unit.

Well thats a kick in the nuts..

No. That's the Marine Corps! They HAVE you by the nuts!!

You're going to ROTA SPAIN. I'd kill to get such an assignment. It's Spain for Christ sakes. Have fun, enjoy it, and as Josephd said, when you rotate back to a line unit, you can try out for Recon. Use your time in Spain to get in peak physical shape and work on your swimming (even if you're good, it can always be better).

He doesnt even know if hes going to Rota its a wild ass guess, he may go there he may go somewheres else that is more gay.

Majority of SF Marines don't even end up in a FAST Company anyway. Odds say the OP will be guarding a nuclear submarine at some Navy Base. Not as romantic as his Marine sea lawyer friends are leading him to believe (bet they're LCpl's too). But, the OP will believe what he wants to believe regardless.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    How can someone "probably" end up in Rota, Spain without even having gone to boot camp yet? Putting the cart before the horse just a little? You can always travel from Camp Lejeune to Rota at your own expense on leave someday.

It's called "dreaming". Rota Spain AND Force Recon both.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, Top, and you gave me an idea for yet another possible solution. He could join the SPANISH military and be in Spain and also in their recon. The best of both worlds.

Possible. But, how much you want to bet, those Spanish Marines "dream" of being stationed somewhere else! It's always greener on the other side!! Till you get there of course.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    They probably dream of Camp Lejeune like it was some kind of paradise. LOL. And the huge metropolis of Jacksonville is even more alluring, with its fabulous riches and numerous attractions.

Thread Information