Will my son be sent home? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If your son was caught in a fraudulent enlistment he is going to be separated. Not only will he be separated but he should be held financially accountable for the money that the Marine Corps has wasted on him from the DEP until the date of separation.

spots, that sounds good to Me. S/F

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    ok. The kid admitted to smoking mary jane. But exactly how many TIMES? So if he said it was ten, and it turned out that later he said it was thirty, is that different than not disclosing the smoking in the first place? Of course, but our witch-hunt mentality these days means everything is a big deal, if it's possible to blow something out of proportion, we surely will. Why? In the great Age of Tolerance, where we allow Jim to marry Carl, surely we can't put up with a kid being off in his number of times smoking MJ, can we? Hell, no. Send him on up the river.

Quote Originally Posted by mominmidwest View Post
    Really? I don't believe for a minute every marine or anyone else is without sin. I have seen countless threads where marines counsel other recruits to lie about their drug use. Does anyone besides Joseph have any experience they can share? I need some real advice not bravado and insults. Honor?
    Sure, I'll help out. I've seen your thread many times before, difference being different names, times, etc. You jump a good "polite" Marine because you do not agree with him, and then you accuse him of disrespecting your religion. OK, but now you disrespect MY Marine Corps, my religion. How dare you.

The Marine Corps is not for everyone, one does not decide one day to become a Marine and then the oceans divide. The title of Marine must be earned, it is never given away. Seems like your son is/was a pansy, or as we are prone to call his behavior, your son is a non-hacker. Our Marine Corps weeds out quitters and those with yellow backbones, they are free to join one of the other services such as the army. Have you not ever heard that the Marine Corps is different? Didn't believe it huh?

When your son comes home, and he surely will, let him tell you how unfair the DI's were to him and how he wants another chance. But, inside your heart you will know that your son is a quitter, non-Marine material. Just saying.

P.S. I certainly am not without sin, so what. My God has given me a tremendous amount of power to save the ungrateful.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    The kid disclosed pot use originally. The number of times was off, whether intentionally or not. But if someone smoked ten times or fifty times, what difference does it make how many times, as long as he did in fact tell them about it? There is a big difference between saying no I stole no cars and yes, I stole three cars, and get in, then say it was seven cars.

Now you get thrown out? for lying about how many cars, not the fact that you did steal several cars? and your criminal conduct WAS disclosed? The only present discrepancy was the number of times.

That's unreasonable and harsh but perfectly fits in with the Great Age of Tolerance, where we tolerate serious things and hammer people on less serious matters. Welcome to the great 21st century.

to those of you who sent me useful private messages thanks

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    It's the typical BS of our times. Think about it. Give it some thought. Did you steal anything? Yes. What? Three bags of potato chips. What kind? Lays. Ok, come on in the Corps and go to boot camp. Later, how many bags did you steal altogether, again? Um it was ten bags. OK pack your bags, you're outta here. For not telling us ten times. You told us three times. Never mind that you said you DID in fact steal potato chips. Now tell me smoking marijuana a few times, and then saying it was more than that, tell me that is grounds for fraudulent enlistment. Maybe in the very strictest sense of the word it is. But come on, where's the Common Sense this country had for so long? Gone forever?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Did you steal the chips from getting high off the pot?.....

Know wonder why you can't remember....

Throw in a midnight munchies run for a microwave burritos..........and a big drink for cottonmouth .......to at least have a good charge......

Boot Camp's a beotch ... better than a polygraph.

I have a question if he was a boxer then why in heavens name would he smoke pot then,any answers.

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc HansenHM3 FMF

Doc , maybe He didn't inhale , while He smoked it . Semper Fi

I'll bet 90 percent of new recruits have smoked mj even athletes. That's what they have waivers for. I am done with this discussion.

In 1967, I had the recruits in smoking formation and I smelled MJ. This maggot was smoking a joint and he did not get sent home. He got sent to Correctional Custody Platoon and got to meet Jim Hill and I am sure that once his stint was over in that platoon, if and when he ever graduated he was sent to the Nam.There are many worse places than home where these dinks can be sent.

If there is such a thing as Hell in the Marine Corps it is CCP. Those poor souls.

Do they still have CCP in this pc world?

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    His separation/RE code will be up to the convening/separation authority....more than likely it won't be good and won't allow him to get back in

And telling us "not easily intimidated" is easy for you to say...you're not the one on the yellow footprints at the depot have rabid drill instructors in your face. It is more intimidating than you can even imagine
    So Right

Thread Information