7 month waiver wait
Create Post

7 month waiver wait

Hello Marines I am a wannabe poolee who has been waiting on a getting a waiver for a posession of paraphanelia charge for 7 months. I told my recruiter the truth about everything back in february and he was willing to work with me on getting the waiver. I was sent to meps to take the asvab and get my physical done. After meps I asked for a time frame on when I could get this waiver and finally swear in/dep in. He told me that he can't make any promises and that my my waiver request has to get approved by people above him. He has also told me that there is only one guy in the district that deals with waivers and that he is new which might explain why it is taking so long. Just recently I told my recruiter straight up that If he can't get me out to bootcamp by the end of december with an aircrew contract then I don't want go anymore. His response was "then we will wait till december"

I understand that waivers can take a long time but, I feel like I am getting strung along.

any advice or thoughts on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

You are correct. You are being strung along. They're hoping you'll take the hint.

My thought is - they don't want nor need your services. My advice is - try the Army (or barbers school).

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    If you feel you're being "strung along" then go elsewhere....your recruiter has no obligation to you and can tell you what he wants(as crappy as that is/may seem) to let you down as easy or as hard as he wants

Thank you. I will tell him to his face that another branch will meet my goals. I don't want to burn bridges

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    It's too bad people can't be honest instead of stringing people along.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Why even tell him about another branch? just go to that branch. He doesn't need to know, and if I were strung along for months, I'd feel no obligation to keep that person updated.

It's possible recruiters in the other branches use the same tactics (I don't know). Don't be surprised if you get strung along over there too.

Tennessee Top thats a very good point and I am a little bit hesitant about it. However this is what I told a navy recruiter and these were his answers.

My goals
    -I want to get out latest by december with a job a job that I pick.
    -Time frame on when my waiver can be approved and ready to go
    -Open line of communication (txting & calls because the Marine recruiter did not always pick up his phone but, ALWAYS answered my txts )
    (Its obvious that the Marine recruiter was not able to satisfy these goals)

I want to go with the navy recruiter because he called me up the other day saying that his supervisor and him could get that 7 month waiver I've been waiting for in 2 days, pick the job I want (he even said he could get me an intel mos with the waiver approved. Definetly something that would not fly in the Corps) The navy recruiter seemed willing to work with me and satisfy my goals that the Marine recruiter couldn't but, he didn't promise to get me out by december. What he can do is get the waiver real quick and give me a specific mos. He also made it clear that I cant play both sides and is not going to put in any paperwork to make the switch until I call him back and say that I am 100% committed to the navy.

Everything sounds pretty good but, do you guys see any holes in the navy recruiters logic or anything else I should be worried about?

He is selling his product. Just like the Marine recruiter is selling his. Get anything promised in writing and always read the fine print (at least twice). Once you sign your contract, there are no do-overs.

"Heeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Army! What are you doing? Get off your tanks and follow me, WE ARE MARINE CORPS INFANTRY..... Heeyyyyyyyyyyyyy Navy! What are you doing? Get off your ships and follow me, WE ARE MARINE CORPS INFANTRY...

That is my response to the original question in this thread.... And, in my opinion, waivers of any kind should not be allowed in my Corps... The best of the best never "waiver"...

Semper Fi!!!!!!!!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Lol

Yep! And nobody with tattoos should be allowed in either! Definitely not anyone who took a drink before they turned 21, or was involved in a fight or two in high school...only the highest standards for my beloved Corps.

Sheesh. Without waivers most of the guys I trust my life to without question, would have never been Marines at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pramos View Post
    Tennessee Top thats a very good point and I am a little bit hesitant about it. However this is what I told a navy recruiter and these were his answers.

My goals
    -I want to get out latest by december with a job a job that I pick.
    -Time frame on when my waiver can be approved and ready to go
    -Open line of communication (txting & calls because the Marine recruiter did not always pick up his phone but, ALWAYS answered my txts )
    (Its obvious that the Marine recruiter was not able to satisfy these goals)

I want to go with the navy recruiter because he called me up the other day saying that his supervisor and him could get that 7 month waiver I've been waiting for in 2 days, pick the job I want (he even said he could get me an intel mos with the waiver approved. Definetly something that would not fly in the Corps) The navy recruiter seemed willing to work with me and satisfy my goals that the Marine recruiter couldn't but, he didn't promise to get me out by december. What he can do is get the waiver real quick and give me a specific mos. He also made it clear that I cant play both sides and is not going to put in any paperwork to make the switch until I call him back and say that I am 100% committed to the navy.

Everything sounds pretty good but, do you guys see any holes in the navy recruiters logic or anything else I should be worried about?
    Sounds like this kid is looking for a wife or something. Might want to start getting disappointed about certain things now. You dont get many things you want in the military.

Go with whichever branch you deem fit, its your time that you are doing im not doing it for you. You do you boo boo.

Lol @ the guy who said "no waivers ever." That's quite retarded sir.

Thread Information