Gonna give it another try - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Joe has earned his strips/stripes, and don't think OCS and The Basic School is not "earning your strips". Where do people get these opinions??? hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    Ridiculous. What about your decisions that affect an O-1's? You act like they have no training, have no idea what's going on. Come on, now
    If you say so. I don't know if you' tong in cheek or serious? The Gunny ran things back in my day. O-1's were put on point. Just kidding.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    If you write to the Commandant, he may remove all O-1s and just have Gunnys running the entire show. And O-2s are not that far above O-1s so maybe have Master Sgts take their places, and so on and so forth, a Sgt Major could replace Majors and there you have it. No officers, just senior enlisted.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    If you write to the Commandant, he may remove all O-1s and just have Gunnys running the entire show. And O-2s are not that far above O-1s so maybe have Master Sgts take their places, and so on and so forth, a Sgt Major could replace Majors and there you have it. No officers, just senior enlisted.
    You fuggin wit me? I don't play fug fug cause you end up on the deck. Give me 200 pusie.

I came here to bond with a few of my brothers. I think I'm the wrong place.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Fen probably forgot about barracks life, where we all good naturedly ribbed one another. Sorry, Fen.

"Fen probably forgot about barracks life, where we all good naturedly ribbed one another. Sorry, Fen."

Taking a 24 hour time out! We didn't have barracks time outs! Just had a fellow fisherman beat, robed and car stolen. Wilding. I go packing. 2 .45's. No one came to his aid. I wasn't there on time.

I's FENWICK not Fen...........

My PM box is no longer full

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
    I don't know how things work today. I'm a firm believer in earning your strips. Work your way up the ranks for a while and you'll get a little more respect IMHO.
    A O-1 making decisions that could affect my life, (I'm not active) kind of scares me.
    Are you saying I haven't earned my stripes??.....

8-years in, combat veteran, training NCO, MCMAP instructor, Plt. Sgt., and college education

I am also 30 years old, not some 22 year old kid

Most 0-1's(officers) in military history have all been young guys fresh out of college.....Never have Lt's ever came directly from the enlisted ranks regularly, especially senior enlisted.

you obviously have no real idea what you're talking about....but thanks for hijacking my thread

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Are you saying I haven't earned my stripes??.....

8-years in, combat veteran, training NCO, MCMAP instructor, Plt. Sgt., and college education

I am also 30 years old, not some 22 year old kid

Most 0-1's(officers) in military history have all been young guys fresh out of college.....Never have Lt's ever came directly from the enlisted ranks regularly, especially senior enlisted.

you obviously have no real idea what you're talking about....but thanks for hijacking my thread
    You didn't say any of that in your first post. Your right I had no idea you were a 8-years in, combat veteran, training NCO, MCMAP instructor, Plt. Sgt., and college education 30 years old.

Credits
    Savings

"Fen probably forgot about barracks life,
    where we all good naturedly ribbed one another. Sorry, Fen."

Taking a 24 hour time out!
    We didn't have barracks time outs!

Just had a fellow fisherman beat, robed and car stolen.
    Wilding. I go packing. 2 .45's.

No one came to his aid. I wasn't there on time.

I's FENWICK not Fen...........
    he could have called you Sweetpea, or newbie, or
    BOOT instead of FENWICK.......
    are you related to the INSPECTOR, NELL,Doright, or his
    horse ??

welcome aboard looking for brothers.
    do yourself a favor MARINE-Fenwick
    learn to read profiles or LEARN up on
    who and what they're talking about...

PS. We're all boot to somebody

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Fen brought his issues to the site, then blames others for that. It's rather sad. Gotta learn to get along.

There is a reason we have profiles here. Always a good idea to read a Marine's profile before making assumptions about them.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You didn't say any of that in your first post. Your right I had no idea you were a 8-years in, combat veteran, training NCO, MCMAP instructor, Plt. Sgt., and college education 30 years old.
    I shouldn't have to say all that in my first post(not my first post ever on the forum), especially considering a majority of the Marine/members here know who I am

And see those 3 stripes and crossed rifles under my name on the left side of the page??....yeah

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Joe, keep us posted please, re your progress with this.

Thread Information