Gonna give it another try
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    josephd
    Guest Free Member

Gonna give it another try

So I am coming into my senior year in college and should be graduating next spring. I've come to realize that I am not ready to settle into a civilian job.

Going to get in contact with the OSO here in my area and see what my options are for commissioning. This time next year I could be a 2nd Lt....??....

If for whatever reason I am not able to get a commissioning package with the Corps, I may consider going to the Army if I can get guaranteed an infantry or special forces spot.

Thought I would share with you fine gentleman here

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Most of us have remembered the 'ole- "Carefull what you
    Wish For" quote.

You're young enough and smart enough to know the
    difference between want and need to do.

SemperFi, with your decision -Good Luck Joe

Just remember O.C.S. isn't a cake walk. They still treat you like a maggot.. Good Luck and don't forget the Silver Dollars it's Officer tradition ,,,

They offered me ocs out of PI, no way I was going to do Quantico after PI

Good luck. Keep us posted, I know you will but come back and tell us.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Joe, you're one of the most squared away, helpful, knowledgeable people here, so good luck to you and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks....this will be my 4th attempt at commissioning and will be going on 32 years old so I am gonna need ALOT of help from the OSO to push a package through board

With your prior Marine experience, it should be a cakewalk. Be prepared to be called grandpa since you will be a relic in the eyes of the other candidates ....

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    With your prior Marine experience, it should be a cakewalk. Be prepared to be called grandpa since you will be a relic in the eyes of the other candidates ....
    haha...thats what I was called at boot camp and on deployment(27 year old Lance Coolie)

Good luck gramps!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    that's cool though....I don't look a day over 24 so....

I have been with talking with a few MECEP guys at school......30 year old SSgt, 31 year old SSgt, and a 28 year old Sgt.....I'll have some old timers with me(hopefully)

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I hate to see anyone making fun of Joe's age. When he gets to OCS, he'll find that they have a special area for the older folks to leave their canes while they do PT or the obstacle course.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    I hate to see anyone making fun of Joe's age. When he gets to OCS, he'll find that they have a special area for the older folks to leave their canes while they do PT or the obstacle course.
    hahahaha....I hope so

I don't know how things work today. I'm a firm believer in earning your strips. Work your way up the ranks for a while and you'll get a little more respect IMHO.
    A O-1 making decisions that could affect my life, (I'm not active) kind of scares me.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Ridiculous. What about your decisions that affect an O-1's? You act like they have no training, have no idea what's going on. Come on, now

Thread Information