Possible Disqualifications
Create Post

Possible Disqualifications

Hi, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions for a friend. When he was 12, he was diagnosed with PTSD and put on a medication for it. Will that disqualify him from enlistment in the Marine Corps?

Also, when he was in 8th grade, he got suspended from school on a drug thing. However, there was no substance to test and he came up negative on a drug test administered immediately after the event. That was his first and only run in with drugs. Will this disqualify him from enlistment?

Similar Threads:

Your "friend" needs to go talk to a recruiter if he is serious about enlisting.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    PTSD at 12??....drugs in the 8th grade?.....I don't want your "friend" in my Corps to be completely honest

The old "I'm asking for a friend" trick Lmao....It never gets old. Your "friend" [you] has too much baggage. Any recruiter I know wouldn't even give you....I mean him, the time of day.

Actually, the PTSD thing is for my friend Thomas. He was molested by his sister for 3 years, from when he was 9, to when he was 12. And yes, I will admit the drug thing was for me. I got suspended because I got caught up in the wrong crowd and ended up taking the fall for people i thought were my friends. As i said, that was the only time anything like that has ever happened to me. I have been quite determined to make up for my mistake since then, including being very successful in JROTC, doing community service, etc. So instead of being judgmental pricks and answering the question with your opinions on my or my friend's character, why don't you answer the questions with facts. Thank you all.

And just to clarify, when I say facts, I mean "Yes, this disqualifies you because..." or "No, this doesn't disqualify you because..." Not "Any recruiter I know wouldn't even give you the time of day."

Don't expect straightforward answers with that retarded "I'm asking for a friend" circle talk. No one gives a sh*t about your feelings honestly, so deal with it. You got suspended for a "drug thing." What the hell does that even mean? Stop being so vague, maybe someone could help you. If you can't communicate like an adult, there is no point in addressing you as one. Grown men don't circle talk and "ask for a friend;" that's teenage girl sh*t. I'd rather be a judgmental prick than a scared boy who can't be direct in his questions. THAT BEING SAID, we don't know what the nature of this "drug thing" is so no one can really help you until you elaborate. Were police involved? Were there charges involved? Is there court records? These are basic questions YOU need to answer.

And if you choose not to answer on here, then you'll notice Tennessee Top already answered your question in his comment. GO TALK TO A RECRUITER. Bye Felicia.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread closed. Go see a recruiter as suggested.

Thread Information