Con-leave while at SOI
Create Post

Con-leave while at SOI

Hey everyone, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this topic. However, I'm currently at SOI, was ITB. Got injured (double hernia), my surgery isn't until August 28, and the day of the surgery is the start of con-leave. I know con-leave is at the discretion of the chain of command, but my question is, will I be stuck on base for 14 days or will I be able to buy a ticket and fly home to recover those days?

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    You're in the right place----some guys who would know would be josephd, munkyvsrobot, LCPL1341, to name a few. If they don't happen to see this thread, PM each of them. There are other helpful folks, but these three come to mind immediately.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Inadvertently left out Kegler300, who is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, experienced.
    Take a look at this profile and you'll see why I say that.

Not sure if he can help you, but PM him if he doesn't wander in here.

Good luck to you.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    This is out of my scope of knowledge, sorry Devil...best of luck to you

Convalescent leave is to heal up not to go home. you will probably be dropped from your platoon and pick up with a new one. Get caught going home and you could face an NJP or even up to AWOL because it isnt leave.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You will have to provide an address other than the barracks to stay in. As stated it is to heal and recover....you cannot lay around the shack and eat in the mess hall on convalescent leave. There is a distinct difference of being sick and given bed rest for three days....an recuperating from surgery.

Convalescent leave is at the discretion of the sawbones but handled though your command. You should be able o go home...however all leave regulations apply.

You are not charged for this leave like your monthly 2.? days on the books....Good luck...but remember it is to recover not jump off cliffs and get stupid......

Credits
    Savings
    Get caught going home and you could face an NJP or even up to AWOL because it isnt leave.

OOOOPS ! had staff infection Nov / 68 and swooped home on a 72 from Lejuene to N.E.Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    OOOOPS ! had staff infection Nov / 68 and swooped home on a 72 from Lejuene to N.E.Ohio
    haha he may not get NJP for it but This one kid if he didnt have a SNCO that cared he could have gotten fried. Kid was posting pictures of himself hunting and all that jazz, all things he wasnt supposed to be doing.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Kid was posting pictures of himself hunting and all that jazz, all things he wasnt supposed to be doing.
    That's what I mean...he can go home ...but it is for recovery...not partying like annual or block leave.

Thread Information