Need a little help reference my son's discharge
Create Post

Need a little help reference my son's discharge

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. My son went to boot camp at MCRD San Diego and ended up getting injured. He received stress fractures in both shins and pelvic area. He was in MRP for five months before they discharged him with a 3P discharge.
    It s taken him another 6 months for the fractures to totally heal. He can now do his 3 mile run in 18:22 so we feel like he is ready to re-enlist. What does he need to do? How difficult is it for him to get back in?
    They told him he could re-enlist six months after discharge if he got a waiver. I am hoping he can. He has wanted to be a Marine like my wife and I since he was 4. That is all he has ever talked about. This past six months has been a roller coaster for him mentally. He feels like he has failed and the only thing that has kept him going is being able to re-enlist.

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. My son went to boot camp at MCRD San Diego and ended up getting injured. He received stress fractures in both shins and pelvic area. He was in MRP for five months before they discharged him with a 3P discharge.
    It s taken him another 6 months for the fractures to totally heal. He can now do his 3 mile run in 18:22 so we feel like he is ready to re-enlist. What does he need to do? How difficult is it for him to get back in?
    They told him he could re-enlist six months after discharge if he got a waiver. I am hoping he can. He has wanted to be a Marine like my wife and I since he was 4. That is all he has ever talked about. This past six months has been a roller coaster for him mentally. He feels like he has failed and the only thing that has kept him going is being able to re-enlist.
    Check back with his Recruiter and see if he can join back or not..

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    not gonna happen

josephd why do you say that?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    josephd why do you say that?
    getting into the Marine Corps and re-enlisting is difficult enough right now with a clean bill of health.....trying to get back in with a 3p code(no matter what its for) is gonna be next to impossible.

RE-3P needs approval from HQMC (the medical waiver you referenced). All he can do is find a recruiter willing to do the paperwork and then see what HQMC says (will not happen quickly). Come back and let us know how it works out.

Good luck to him.

Thread Information