Problems with Enlisting and MEPS
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Problems with Enlisting and MEPS

Good afternoon, Marines.

These last 2 months my recruiter and I have been finishing up the paperwork for me to head down to MEPS. The process took forever due to the fact I needed a lot of paperwork regarding a broken arm that happened years ago. It ended up working out, the paperwork is retrieved and its all set.

However, right now, I am a firefighter/emt on a fire department, getting out of work is very hard, and on top of that, I'm taking an accelerated certification course that lasts 5 hours per day, 5 days a week. My recruiter is trying to get me down to MEPS, and when I try to give him dates that I'm free, he ignores them and signs me up for whenever, I understand it's hard to schedule people to go, but I'd really like to go when I'm free. I was supposed to head down to MEPS yesterday, but stuff got messed up so now I'm scheduled to go in 2 weeks, when I work, and I'll have to miss 2 days of class, which I don't want to do.

I really just want to ask my recruiter if we could postpone all this until September or so, because I'll be done with class and everything would be smoother. However, I'd feel bad telling him that because he's helped me out so much and spent a lot of time on me. I know for a fact I'm enlisting, it's just right now, my priorities are working and finishing up class. My question is kinda explained above, but should I ask my recruiter if we could wait for a couple of months before moving forward, or should I just follow his lead?
    Sorry for the long post, I just want to make it clear. I'll take any opinions, please don't hold back.

Thanks for your time, and have a great day.