RE-3p reenlistment.
Create Post

RE-3p reenlistment.

sorry I didnt know where else to put this.
    Hi all, I already know what my RE code means, and how unlikely it is that It'll get waived. I got released in Marine boot camp, ELS'd I think is the term. So my question is which is better, to try to upgrade my RE code (and how likely it'll happen) or to just try to re enlist.

my code is RE-3p adjustment disorder with a depressed mood, I looked it up and adjustment disorders are usually temporary.

on the same note if I do get my code upgraded is NROTC a possibility? I know right now it's not an option.

Thank you all for your reply/help

Similar Threads:

Ok, I'll try to approach this tactfully:

1) NROTC (which likely leads to becoming an officer) Forget about it. No way in hell any NROTC program will take you and put you through OCS with that RE code.

2) Enlisted recruiters can be picky these days and there is no shortage of potential poolees with clean records and no baggage, so I also wouldn't hold my breath as far as having an enlisted recruiter work with you to put you back through bootcamp.

3) Seriously?? You couldn't just suck it up and finish bootcamp? We were all "depressed" at some point in the training cycle; it sucked; it's supposed to. All you had to do was stick it out and play the game for 12 weeks. I can think of many times where the thought of "this sucks I wish I was home" crossed my mind. But it was never more than a passing thought. I have no sympathy for you. I'd be shocked if you found your way back into the Marine Corps.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    The entire Marine Corps would be shocked too

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    Ok, I'll try to approach this tactfully:

1) NROTC (which likely leads to becoming an officer) Forget about it. No way in hell any NROTC program will take you and put you through OCS with that RE code.

2) Enlisted recruiters can be picky these days and there is no shortage of potential poolees with clean records and no baggage, so I also wouldn't hold my breath as far as having an enlisted recruiter work with you to put you back through bootcamp.

3) Seriously?? You couldn't just suck it up and finish bootcamp? We were all "depressed" at some point in the training cycle; it sucked; it's supposed to. All you had to do was stick it out and play the game for 12 weeks. I can think of many times where the thought of "this sucks I wish I was home" crossed my mind. But it was never more than a passing thought. I have no sympathy for you. I'd be shocked if you found your way back into the Marine Corps.

this, this, and this x1000

To get RE3P upgraded to something more acceptable, one must submit an appeal to the Board of Naval Corrections - AKA "the big black hole where appeals go and are never seen again".

Reenlisting with a RE3P needs approval from Headquarters, Marine Corps. Good luck finding a recruiter willing to do the paperwork.

lol LCPL is slipping more and more into the darkside, hate to be his juniors when he promotes "Get off mah dang lawn, boots!"

Lol. I'll never be that angry NCO....until they screw up and make us look bad.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    Lol. I'll never be that angry NCO....until they screw up and make us look bad.
    I said that too, I was pretty chill as a Cpl and as a new Sgt....now though....

thanks for the help, and its not quite cut and dry me getting depressed. I had a family member get murdered while I was in boot and it was mishandled by my DIs. I figured it would be difficult, Ive looked into it before but wasnt sure if it had changed in the 2-3 years since i last looked.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    You're blaming it on your DIs. Well, that's really responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    You're blaming it on your DIs. Well, that's really responsible.
    if thats how I comes off I can assure you that wasnt my intention, I was simply trying to elaborate on the situation being more than I got depressed due to training. I fully acknowledge its my fault, and my actions that led to me not becoming a Marine. Im simply looking for the best course of action to possibly overcome that mistake.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    It's not how anybody came off, it was stated that it was MIShandled by your DIs.

I am going to save you the hassle of arguing with all the salts on here about your comments. Reguardless of what ever happened while you were in bootcamp, and I am sorry for your loss, or how anything was handled. bottom line is that there is about a .0000001 percent of being let back into the Marine Corps to finish recruit training or any branch of service no matter what it is. The RE3P code is pretty much a done deal. Now with that being said I recommend not trying to make any more comments about your ordeal and just accept the OPINIONS that we are giving and go ask a recruiter and get the final answer from them. do not come back with any more of how this person did this or this person did that...this is the internet and there will be no pitty for you. You asked your question, got your answer.good luck and God speed.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Good points. I feel bad for the young man. Seriously. Things happen in life. Just keep going. Good luck to you, OP

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I have absolutely no doubt that there are quite a few people who would have made fine Marines had they gotten in or stayed in. This is much truer today than ever before. The Marine Corps, because it can (along with other services) is more selective than ever. That means some great would-be Marines will not be Marines. This is a shame. But whenever few openings exist, and many applicants exist, it will be like this. I also wish the original poster the best of luck.

Thread Information