Rifleman to machine gunner ratio?
Create Post

Rifleman to machine gunner ratio?

Hello Marines,

Hopeful Marine grunt here, but I was just wondering how many machine gunners typically made up the average infantry platoon, or even company for that matter when compared to the 0311s?

Similar Threads:

GOOGLE is your friend.

Initiative is one of our 14 leadership traits (you need it if you ever want to lead Marines).

Report back and let us know what you found out.

Yeah because Google is so infallible, right??

Im pretty sure that you are talking to a master sergeant if you even have the smallest shadow of doubt that people wont push your $#!T in for doing what you just did, you have another thing coming especially considering that you want to be an 03. So why dont you go as he said search for it instead of asking for it to be handed to you like a little princess.

Aye, aye sir. I'll suckle at Google's teet.

You have got to understand nothing in the Marine Corps is handed to you everything is earned, there are going to be times you are told to do something and you dont even know how to get to step one but you just have to do it. Start by researching on your own if at first you dont find the answer come back and go from there.

Obviously hasn't learned the rank structure yet. All those stripes should've been the first clue.

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from and that was a little defensive in my last reply, but I thought these forums and the internet was meant for us to interact with one another. It's a weird pattern these search forums have when about 75% of replies are to use the search button. I've used to the search feature since before I became a member, going through probably at least 150 pages of thread topics. I finally find a good question that I see hasn't really been covered and I still get told to p!$$ off. I'm also not too fond on the whole "Google it" generation we've become. We tell each other that you can't believe everything you read or see on the internet, yet every time someone has an irrefutable fact, it's because they done gone and googled it. So Master Sergeant, maybe I was a little salty for your taste, but I mean c'mon now sir.

But in the words of Bart Simpson, I guess I'll have to eat y'all shorts. I did find a little something (on Wikipedia of all places)....
    "A rifle company weapons platoon has a 60mm mortar section of 13 Marines with three M224 LWCMS 60mm mortar squads, an assault section of 13 Marines and six SMAW rocket launchers divided into three squads of two teams each, and a medium machine gun section of 22 Marines and six M240G general-purpose machine guns divided into three squads of two teams each."

So I take this to mean that there are around 22 0331s in a given infantry company?

A poolee doesn't rate to be salty to any Marine, let alone a senior Staff NCO and career Marine. All you are at this point is still a wannabe until you earn something.

My reply did not tell you to pi$$ off. It gave you an assignment and was intended as a learning point. The information you seek is available on the internet and it is accurate so you can believe it (I would not send you on a wild goose chase). If, after a sincere effort to find the answer and you can't, then report that back and that will be acceptable. We want to see some effort and your original post did not show any. We also do not tolerate any attitudes here (like being salty when you don't rate to). Show some initiative and respect here and you'll get all the help you need.

Yes. The Wikipedia info is correct.

The ratio is 4:2. This based off no info whatsoever, and no research which is readily available. I simply made this number up. But it's a nice round number. I like even ratios. Now take this information I've given you, and go conquer the world.

Thread Information