Anyone Forget Their Platoon Number? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikHeiker View Post
    I ran across a post on a forum where someone claiming to be a former Marine stated he couldn't remember his MCRD platoon number. He gave a lame excuse about having a lot going on at time. He also stated he received his MOS training at El Toro. I was stationed at El Toro and I don't remember any schools there. I'm thinking poser. Has anyone else forgotten their platoon number? I know I haven't, and it's been over 42 years since I graduated.
    YUP
    I know all my DI's
    My last week I broke my back... (long story)(Honorable Discharge under medical conditions ) have surgery and receive Medical Discharge or Go home without surgery and receive medical discharge. ...in those days I was told I'd probably be paralyzed if I ever walked again....Surgery was not in my best interest...
    My SDI...Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt.Houston
    Drill Instructor SSGT Brice
    Drill Instructor Sgt Sanchez
    I remember everything. .names dates..a few of other recruits that one cannot forget...Pvt Gransbury...PVT Christopher and others....But for the life of me I cannot remember my platoon number..? 2040 ? 2080 ? 1080 ?
    After my broken back....and then a broken neck my health deterioration. ..I just cannot remember it....
    Fricken ticks me off....
    Sooo....HOUSTON..BRICE...SANCHEZ....GRANSBURY. .CHRISTOPHER....IF YER OUT THERE....?
    WHAT THE HECKIS OUR PLATOON NUMBER? ??

I remember my USMC serial number (2533xxx), the serial number of my TRW M14 (1241xxx) and of course, my Platoon number. I was tall (for my platoon) at 6'1" and I was savvy enough not to step on my own feet, so I spent almost every week of boot as either the 4th squad leader (one week as guidon bearer), except for when I *did* screw the pooch on a minor detail (I corrected my DI, respectfully, mind you) and got to be a road guard several days for my sins.

You can get a copy of your MPRJ (201 File, OMPF, SRB, they keep changing the name of your records, just to make life more exciting for the POGs.). That will have (at least) a page with your duty stations and units. You have the right to request a copy from the archives in St. Louis. Google will get you to the correct website to make the request. It should fill in a lot of blank spots from 50 years of doing other stuff.

Some things in life you can't forget.....

SSn/Service Number/Rifle number.....if you can't..... you were NOT there.

Forgetting your boot camp platoon number is like forgetting your mother's first name; no way that is possible.

Actually I cannot remember my rifle number(s). I had a few of them. 1 in boot camp, another in infantry school, another at barracks duty. One in India company, Another in Echo. Then another in Lima. Can't remember my graduation date either. I remember my entrance date and my exit date. I remember my platoon # 3092. I also remember all the marching hymns and PT songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny068 View Post
    Some things in life you can't forget.....SSn/Service Number/Rifle number.....if you can't..... you were NOT there.
    Well...guess that makes me a long time poser on this forum.
    Just kidding.

Platoon # is easy.
    For a time right after I got out I could rattle off my Nam rifle #. (M14)
    Now...can't recall the sequence but it had (2) nines, a three and and a five.
    Don't remember the sequence anymore or how many digits.
    I'm thinking (7) digits but those neurons are filled with fog now.

A Merry Christmas to all with family and friends.

Carry on....

Quote Originally Posted by rsta View Post
    Forgetting your boot camp platoon number is like forgetting your mother's first name; no way that is possible.
    When someone says they can't remember there platoon number cause they can't take into consideration that they may have had a concussion or some other brain trauma and simple can't remember it along with other information that was from back in the day when say I went through Boot Camp for instance I went through Parris Island,S.C. in Feb 12 1973 and graduated in May 1 1973. I remember all my drill instructors too. But I haven't had any brain damage.
    Just give them a chance and don't judge us older azz hole as some of us have the on set of Alzheimer and find it hard to remember yesterday Like me Can't remember yesterday hardly but Boot Camp I can remember like it was yesterday OK..
    Merry Christmas to all my Fellow Brothers...

LOL I'm not sure if I could ever forget my platoon number but if I had a stroke tomorrow and forgot it, I know I will never forget my D.Is,. Especially S.D.I Wilson. He was going through a divorce and man we could tell when he we hit the deck how he was feeling that morning. Good times.. Semper Fi and Merry Christmas Marines!!

Thread Information