Possible to switch MOS before bootcamp?
Create Post

Possible to switch MOS before bootcamp?

Hi Marines, I signed my contract for 3531 Motor Vehicle Operator on 20150610 and I was sort of rushed in the process and I was just eager to sign and ended up picking this MOS without any research at all. After looking into it I really feel this is not the MOS best suited for my interests, I ultimately wanted to be Combat Engineer but there werent any openings so I picked between the only 2 openings which was Communications or Motor T. I was wondering if it is at all possible for me to change my MOS before I ship out to bootcamp on 20160516, a little under a year from now. I am also going in as a reservist so i dont know if that would make any difference.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes, you can switch your MOS before shipping to boot camp. Until the morning you go to MEPS and sign your official contract before you ship out you are not obligated to anything....being a reservist is a bit hard though as you are contracted to a specific MOS that is available at your local unit. That's great you want to be a combat engineer but if that MOS is not available at your local unit it is impossible for you to get.

As a reservist, your options are more limited. You may have to make some tough decisions. Lesson learned is - don't rush/take your time and make sure your decision is the best for you.

Thread Information