Quick Question About Eagle Scout and The Marine Corps
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Quick Question About Eagle Scout and The Marine Corps

Hello, So I am 17 and just recently earned my Eagle Scout. I am planning to enlist after highschool, which will be over in 2016. I have heard rumors that if you have Eagle you can be promoted up to an E-2 when you join. Is this true at all?

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Fill out your profile and maybe someone will answer you. Being an Eagle Scout you should be able to fill out the profile.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    And never ever ask a recruiter. How would a recruiter know as much as us about these things?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Fill out your profile and maybe someone will answer you. Being an Eagle Scout you should be able to fill out the profile.
    Done.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    See a recruiter about this question, I'm not positive that any of us would know, except some guys who are in the Corps as we speak. josephd, munkyvsrobot, LCPL1341 and a few others. But check with your recruiting office as soon as you can, and let us know on this same thread what the answer is?

My Son is an Eagle Scout and yes, He was promoted to Pfc at the end of Boot Camp. Once He earned the title Marine. But that was two years ago.

If you are extremely hard core w/leadership skills like Eagle Scout. Then are you wanted by the cops or something. R U Nuts. Either get 2 years in college & go be an officer in some cushy leadership environment or experience what a hard corps can do to minimize PTSD. The marines have the least amount of PTSD of all the branches of service. Why; you may ask. Heres your answer. Discipline. You don't need to look. Cuz theirs more.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your full of Chit...Chesty Puller had PTSD why do you think he used 2 go 2 the brig & socialize with the 100%ers

Quote Originally Posted by grillin View Post
    If you are extremely hard core w/leadership skills like Eagle Scout. Then are you wanted by the cops or something. R U Nuts. Either get 2 years in college & go be an officer in some cushy leadership environment or experience what a hard corps can do to minimize PTSD. The marines have the least amount of PTSD of all the branches of service. Why; you may ask. Heres your answer. Discipline. You don't need to look. Cuz theirs more.
    Coming out of the woodwork today.

Pay no attention to the old farts, they are crotchety and like to flex their internet muscles in an attempt to relive their "glory" days (which are more glorious to remember with each passing day).

Eagle Scout is no easy task, and I congratulate you on your accomplishment!

To answer your question, yes, Eagle Scout will likely ensure your promotion to E-2 upon graduation from recruit training. Confirm that with your recruiter to be certain, and make sure you review the paperwork you are signing for enlistment. If it's not in there, it won't happen, so be certain.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not if your an UNQ...yes congrats on the Scout achievement wouldn't be all 2 concerned about what rank I got outta boot...

Must have had many, many, many Eagle Scouts in my platoon when we graduated back in 1953. We were all Pfc's. Even had a Pfc. Drill Instructor.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yessir Gunny but I never had a DI that was a UNQ or never seen 1 either Semi old Fart here

Nothing wrong with following the 7 P's when starting his career. You know the ones:

Proper Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yup I wish him well hope he enjoys snapping in as much as I did

Thread Information