Process Of Enlistening
Create Post

Process Of Enlistening

I passed the asvab test and got a recruiter, it's been about a month now. I have a tattoo on my chest under my collar bone but when I put on my shirt a little tiny piece shows but again that was just the shirts they had at the office cause i'm tall and lanky so every shirt fit differently. So they took me to the federal office and the other marines was the judge of it and they all said would pass so my recruiter sent up a tattoo waiver for it, how long might it take for it to get back, like could someone give me a time scale.

Another question is how long this process will take, I don't have a MOS yet but I want to go in Infantry as a rifleman. I want to leave in august is that possible?

BTW, I just graduated from high school and I have a clean background, never been on drugs and no criminal record.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The waiver will take as long as it takes. No one, not even your recruiter, can answer that question. It could be back next week, it could be a couple of months from now.

As far as leaving in August, forget that. The recruiting process, with a waiver involved, doesn't generally move that fast. Plus if you want infantry, like 90% of wanna-be's seem to want, you'll have to wait for an opening, which may not be until the new fiscal year, which starts Oct 1. Discuss this with your recruiter.

As far as being a rifleman, if you luck out with an 03XX contract, they will assign your specific MOS to you at School of Infantry. They MIGHT ask your preference and you MIGHT get it.

So is it okay for me to just study on the asvab and take it again and hope for a better score?

No. They will not let you keep retaking the ASVAB test. They will let those who fail it study and then retake it later (some people are just terrible at taking tests and actually end up with a lower score however so it's a gamble). It will be possible to retake the ASVAB test later in the fleet (meaning at your first duty station).

This process can be lengthy or short depending on how flexible you are. They may say there are no infantry contracts available so you'll then have to decide how long you're willing to wait for one - or, take something else that is available now. They could also say they can get you an infantry contract now if you'll sign a reserve contract. You are going to have to make some decisions based on the options presented to you.

An officer at district headquarters is going to make the final decision on your tattoo waiver (and yours is at the bottom of a tall stack) - not any of those recruiters who looked at it. Keep your fingers crossed. Let us know how it turns out.

I gotten a 32 on it and I never studied it, I recently got hold of a practice book and sure that I will score higher in the GT section.

You can always ask but I doubt they'll let you retake it.

Thread Information