I recieved an ELS from MCRD Paris Island SC and desperately want to go back.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

I recieved an ELS from MCRD Paris Island SC and desperately want to go back.

Hello Marines I'm a 19 year old drop out. I was separated from boot camp with a fraudulent enlistment because I didn't tell MEPs about a past psychiatric hospitalization when I was 6. My recruiter was aware but advised me not to say anything because I wouldn't ship if I did. So I didn't. To be honest I needed direction in my life and I always wanted to be a Marine. My aunt and uncle were both Drill Instructors and retired as E-9's. I wanted to be better than them...somehow. Anyways the incident when I was 6. My biological mother overdosed on drugs in front of me and I kinda went into what I can discribe as a panic attack. I flipped out and for the next few weeks I wasn't normal. I was already in foster care and was on a visit when this happened. This was in 2002. I was never on medications. Anyways...I got discharged from boot camp with an RE-3P and a JDA-1 it says medical condition not a disability. EPTE (effective prior to enlistment) I have looked into this a lot and found that a 3p requires a waiver. Since its described as a medical condition I have since received an evaluation and been cleared by a doctor. I have acquired the medical records from 2002. I have my dd-214 and my discharge summary. Can I go back in? And can the recruiter who put me in the first time take me back? I am dedicated I lost 60 lbs before I left and was in the DEP for 8 months. I came home and still continue my fitness. I could easily get a 300pft now and I'm looking to improve on that and hope that if I can go back I can be the best I could ever be. I have been studying military history even more and literally dedicating my life to make myself a better person. I just know that I messed up. I didn't tell anyone about my recruiter telling me to hide it because he did a lot for me and when I was homeless before I left he made sure I wasn't. I refused to jeopardize his career and his life with his family or make him seem like a bad Marine. Anyways...is there anything I can do? Or am I SOL to ever being a Marine. Thanks for any replies. Have a great day!