Tips for MEPS
Create Post

Thread: Tips for MEPS

Tips for MEPS

Leaving for MEPS hopefully Tuesday. Did all my paperwork and signed my initials probably 70 times haha, but any advice for when you start getting grilled by MEPs personal? Going to Columbia, SC. I was warned of a guy, Gunny Brown.

If I hesitate, would it be acceptable to ask for a repeat and just think of an answer while he repeats the question?
    If I blush, is that guilt?
    If I look at the floor while giving an answer is that guilt?

I'm just really nervous about being denied.

Thanks all!

Similar Threads:

You might be overthinking it. When I went to MEPS in 2009 it was very straight forward. Some questions, some processes to do, lots of standing, lots of sitting, a duckwalk or two, a breathalyzer, and a drug test if I remember correctly. A lot of the people there experience groundhog day and I felt like a lot of them didn't even really pay attention. Can't blame the guy who has to check for hemorrhoids.

Stop over thinking it if someone asks you a question answer it. he or she is still a person and puts their pants on one leg at a time. MEPS is pretty easy if you have nothing to hide.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yes----just answer the questions. If you hem and haw they WILL think you have something to hide, even if you don't---if you cannot answer a few questions, what will you do when your DIs ask you questions????

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If you don't answer the questions without hesitation they may zoom in on your ears or your mind...you do not want to be water boarded...bright lights...eye lids super glued open to get answers on your first date with the government.........

I had a bad dream last night of being thrashed by my platoon's team. The best part is I couldn't figure for my life why I was back there. Apparently 4 years later and I still can't answer a question without stopping and stammering. This guy is doomed.

Its mainly my recruiters fault for all my worrying. He wants me to believe it's gonna be hell, that way when I get down there it isn't, but I have prepared for the worst.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    It's no one's "fault". Don't blame someone else for "making" you worry. Just answer the questions and get out of there and you'll do fine. If the answer is yes, then it's yes, not no, and if it's I don't know, then that is the answer, one question at a time. You're not going to be interrogated by the CIA----good luck and keep us posted here.

Just don't get Drunk the night before going down there... You'll be fine .

Thread Information