Army Lt trying to help prior GySgt looking to re-enlist. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    but he says he is a Marine.
    The Marines have a slogan, "Once a Marine,always a Marine."

If he is not age restricted for the National Guard and is able to get his points for retirement....to the grave he will always be a Marine just wearing a temporary uniform.

Somewhere on the net or this site there is an age and service calculator....at 51 he is too old for the Marines......but maybe not the NG........

I know the USMC won't take him...because they wouldn't take me when the wars broke out....and I was right around his age give or take...

They gave me a few stickers a keychain ,bought me lunch ....opened my truck door....thanked me for my service.....said "Semper Fi!" and told me let the young guys do it!

And you can't help him he has to do it on his own.... Good luck....he will need it.......

I understand and agree. Like I said, I'm just trying to help the man. I deduce the only way to get an unquestioned answer would be via the Prior Service Recruiting HQ .

Just read your comments ^ phantom blooper. These are good responses to assist me in trying to get him in another branch. Just for the record this post is not for me. I know it seems strange a person on here asking these questions for another person, but that is just my nature, and I think a good trait for any
    officer or NCO to posses. I think I will try and explain to him the points I am hearing /seeing above. Thanks again to all for taking time to read my original question.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    True...on this forum when a question is asked all we do is give our opinions...unless it is an actual issue that doesn't deal with health or recruitment issues.

Basically all we do is give prophesy and personal experience......95% needs to get the scoop from recruiters...prior service recruiters or officer selection recruiters.

A local recruiter can give you basic info and contact for local or closest PSR.....

That's the roadblock. They have reached out to recruiters already but not getting anywhere with that route - and probably won't.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    There are very valid reasons why they're not getting anywhere 10 years after the fact.

Exactly (pretty obvious). And that's why my advice is to just move along. That shipped sailed a long time ago and ain't coming back.

Thread Information