Let's ride!! Who's got a Harley? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And now I find myself shopping for a replacement for the Road King. What's everyone's opinions? Another Road King with a fairing and stereo, a Road Glide, a Street Glide, or an Ultra Classic?

I shy away from the street glide and ultra just because it seems like every bike I see around here is one of those. I'm leaning toward a Road Glide but they are super expensive (even used, I would never buy a new bike) and I'm not sure the fixed fairing and second headlight is worth the price difference. Of course I intend to test ride a few used bikes as soon as my shoulder heals, and will be taking my time tomfind the right deal once fall arrives and all the rich urban bikers decide to offload their garage queens. So what's your opinions on the big touring bikes, guys? Just looking for input here.

I've been riding full time since right after I got out of the USMC back in early 70. I was going to keep my old Indian that I rode for 14 years but after buying my new 2014 Indian I just didn't want to ride her any more so I sold her. I do miss her especially after putting up with all her problems and making her look so pretty, and of course knowing all her wild spots. I rarely rode her hard though, mostly just slow and easy, you know for the long haul. Boy, she was a looker.

I guess you could say I had my head turned for the newer model with everything perky and firm. She can go hard as well as sloooow and nimble. Damn I love my Indians. I've put over 13K on my new one so far, going to ride up to SC in Oct for the CVMA Region 1 Rally. While others trailer I'll ride as that's what it's all about.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Damn Russ are you describing your bike...or a sexual encounter...almost made me moist!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Damn Russ are you describing your bike...or a sexual encounter...almost made me moist!
    Well Bloop, you know I still have 2 Indians, both built for the long haul. To tell you the truth though, I sometimes get confused.

Question: Is it terrible to LUST after my Indians? An inquiring mind wants to know. Here's a secret, sometimes I ride them both together so eat your heart out.

Whatever way you go can't beat that! Going on a poker run next sat in Bakersfield you guys stay in touch

All you people with Harleys should check the big recall they just put out.

Thread Information