Can I still join?
Create Post

Can I still join?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hello Marines,[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I am a nineteen year old male who has wanted to earn the title Marine since my earlier years in high school. However, I have a bit of a history that would suggest I don't truly want it. Now that I've had a while to get myself into shape both physically and mentally, I believe that I couldn't be more ready to start the journey. My history is pretty grim and I want to know if there is any way I can enlist honestly - I won't lie at MEPS. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]When I was seventeen, my parents caught me with marijuana. I have never been a marijuana smoker. It was a one-off. Anyway, I freaked out when I got caught. I decided the best thing to do to stay out of trouble would be to break into a gun safe, grab a revolver, and threaten to kill myself. Note that I have never been suicidal and it was a stupid mistake. I ended up doing a four or five day stint in a psychiatric hospital. I was released because they realized I wasn't an actual threat to myself or others. The medical records mention 'cannabis abuse' and the gun. [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]When I was eighteen, I got blackout drunk while home alone and damaged my house. I also broke into another gun safe in my house. I drove away (not with a gun in the car) and ended up getting arrested for DUI. Upon arrival back to my house later in the night (the state troopers dropped me off at home and drove away), I thought my house had been burgled so I called 911 and the local police came. Eventually I realized it was me. Because there was a gun involved, I had to do another stint. Again, I have never been suicidal, but that is what was assumed. I assume that everything that happened is on that hospital's medical records too. I decided to check into rehab immediately after that incident. Since then I haven't made a single mistake, I've gotten myself into shape for Boot, and I'm ready to go. The DUI is expunged (but I know the FBI can still see it). [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I need to know if my dreams can still come true without lying at MEPS. I won't lie, and I want to enlist honestly. Is there any way I could be cleared medically, and receive waivers for anything else that may be disqualifying? I haven't left out a shred of information here. [/COLOR]