Becoming a Reservist Infantryman
Create Post

Becoming a Reservist Infantryman

Greeting from the lovely east coast city of Virginia Beach, I am a 19yr old college sophomore with intentions on becoming a USMC infantry reservist so I may complete my education with a possibility of then switching to active duty with a prayer of scout sniper. My main question is, if one becomes a reservist, is it possible for them to become (what I've heard from a few marine buddy's), as a badge/insignia "*****"? I.e.: Marksmanship badges/diver and parachutist insignias, etc.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Chances of being able to transfer from reserves to active duty is close to zero right now. Going into active duty infantry from the reserves, chances are less than zero. Add scout-sniper to that and you are deep in negative figures.

As far as getting jump wings and scuba bubble, forget that unless you are in a recon unit and the unit thinks you need that training. You will have an opportunity to earn a marksmanship badge in boot camp along with everyone else there.

A reserve contract and an active duty contract are two separate animals. You shouldn't even consider the possibility of switching one for the other (not going to happen). The most possible scenario (but not very probable) is, completing the reserve contract, and then reenlisting for an active duty contract. You need to talk to your recruiter.

Thread Information