17 year old tourettes any ways around it.
Create Post

17 year old tourettes any ways around it.

Hello everyone my name is Benny. Im a highschool Wrestler and baseball player and it is my dream to be a marine. Unfortunately i was diagnosed with Tourettes at 7 yearsold. I have been on medicine ever since even though i dont need it anymore because as many of you know tourettes goes away eventually. My case was always minor and it has never held me back from anything. I am a natural born leader and it is my dream to serve my country. I cant think of doing anything else. I know you can lie about it but i dont want to be dishonorably discharged and i know waivers are extremely rare. At this point i am open to any suggestions and Thank you all for your service to our country.

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You need to speak to a recruiter....

And even though you are no longer on medicine's do you have OCD or ADDH/ADD? Which is usually a symptom of Tourette's.

Take any and all paperwork relating too this to a recruiter.

See a recruiter....all anyone here can do is prophecies and speculate ! Good luck!

Brother Blooper....

I agree with your suggestion for the OP.
    But....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

Seems to me unless one is verified to be totally free of the tics over a long period of time and noting the other inherent imbalances you mention being in the military would not be a good fit at all.
    The associated behavior and it's unpredictability would be very disruptive to any unit.
    In a combat situation.....no way, for a few obvious reasons.

OP....I respect your desire to serve and it's not my intent to discourage your efforts.
    I only mean to be realistic about the path you are pursuing.
    I think you should ponder all aspects.

Your updating us in this thread may help future inquiries get some understanding too.

See the recruiter, be honest and see what occurs.

Carry on....

Thread Information