Promotion
Create Post

Thread: Promotion

Promotion

My Son told Me that after picking up Corporal, that another NCO/SNCO could have His Promotion rescinded by the BN CO, if They feel He is not ready for it They would have 30 days in order to do this ...This does not make since to Me ? Any input from Marines that are still in.

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If you are not proficient in your MOS your command can recommend you get your rank rescinded to the previous rank....this did not happen often during my time...but it did happen.... usually after everything else was exhausted...remedial classes...schools.... ET.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I my day it was called an "Administrative Reduction in Grade." I knew a SSgt this happened to. It takes quite a paper chase for the command, but it can be done.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Never heard of that. Interesting.

Thanks for the info, In 12 years that I was in the Corps I never ran across this... Must of been hanging out with Dull Marines. S/F

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Never ran across it either. If someone's not ready for promotion, wouldn't superiors know that prior to promoting the individual? Or is it just easier to take it away once given, rather than not give it at all? LOL

at any time at any rank if your command feels as if you are unfit you can be put on a CRB (Competency Review Board) and if you fail it you can be reduced rank or possibly Admin Sepped..

But it could be a scare tactic telling him to find his Ball$ with out saying those exact words.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Never ran across it either. If someone's not ready for promotion, wouldn't superiors know that prior to promoting the individual? Or is it just easier to take it away once given, rather than not give it at all? LOL
    In today's Marine Corps a young Marine can get promoted out of boot camp to PFC or LCPL....for various reasons.....incentive program.....Eagle Scout...and more that I forgot.....reenlist and pickup the next rank has been around for decades.....I have nothing against this....but just because you are a "Contract" ......doesn't make you ready and proficient...in my opine anyone can be a leader....it takes practice...motivation...and determination along with the leadership traits and characteristics.........not just the incentive of a fist of greenbacks added monthly......if someone is promoted TIG or meritorious they have been screened closely....been recommended and meet the criteria....for that rank.....not necessarily now but at one time you had SGT's in Special Services and police SGT....because they didn't know the MOS and the company "hid" them.....because as stated a paperwork and logistic clusterfuk to get someone reduced without judicial punishment.

I would be remiss in not saying not all was because of knowledge or proficiency sometimes medical was the cause....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I remember "PFC out of boot camp", Chuck. About five guys got it out of the 81 in our platoon. But not L/Cpl, at that time.

USMC2571, My Son got PFC out of boot camp because of His Eagle Scout, and there was one Marine that got L/Cpl ,but He was held back several weeks do to Medical reasons...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, I've done it......had a Marine pick up Cpl just because his composite score exceeded cutting score for that quarter. He was non-recd the quarter before but due to an administrative failure the current quarter non-rec wasn't completed. The day he pinned I already had the documentation trail completed and turned into my 1st Sgt and CO. Very next drill(following month/3 weeks later) they pulled him into the CO's office and made him a LCpl again.

Composite Score

I am new to this site so please bare with me. I am currently 7 points short from the December cutting score for Cpl. I will be running a CFT Tuesday. I am curious that if I have S1 push my updated score through the system if it’ll update my composite score as soon as my CFT score is in the system of if it is updated quarterly like TIS/TIG.

Thread Information