Deployments
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deployments

Deployments

Hello, I am currently a Lcpl in the reserves. I was wondering if there was anyone to contact for deployments. My unit doesnt deploy ever. I know i showed go through my chain of command and I've attempted that but they just give me the run around. So I am reaching out to my fellow Marines.
    Thank You

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forum.php

Contact this Marine he is a reserve Sgt...he may have some scoop.......

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I'll go ahead answer on here....simple answer is No. While you're on contract obligation to your unit the only deployment you could go on is one that is offered through your unit. Your unit itself doesn't have to deploy for you to, it would just have to be a deployment passed down from your battalion/company.

If you wanted to deploy and do all the cool Marine stuff you should have gone active duty. Don't feel to bad though, there isn't any deployments going anywhere anyway so even alot of active duty guys aren't even going anywhere.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    But to answer your actual question....yes, there is Marines/people you can contact to get on deployments but you will be laughed off the phone. Once your an NCO and coming up on the end of your obligated time then you can start calling/emailing these people.

Thank you for your quick answers, could that potentially be one of my obligations when I go to reenlist?

Not sure if you have picked up a newspaper in the last year or so but OEF and OIF is still kaput they be sending small contingencies to iraq and aghan but it isnt some big push. And no probably not i dont know how the reserves works but how could they guarantee you a deployment?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine78 View Post
    Thank you for your quick answers, could that potentially be one of my obligations when I go to reenlist?
    obligations when you reenlist?.....not sure what you're asking but the answer again is No.

You are not obligated to deploy and you can't request a deployment as a contingency to reenlist.

I dont know if the reserve side has monitors like the active side does if you were to try moving and switching duty stations there would be a possibility to deploy. Of course any movement to the new duty station would probably have to be paid for by you because you are only part time.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Long ago and far away, there was a time when people just did what their units told them to do, and that was that. This probably seems incredible today.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    The other day you asked about changing your status to Marine. Only admin people can do that. But you can change your profile from that poolee info you have on it now, to a full profile, anytime you want to.
    So give some thought to doing that, and worrying about deployments some other time. When your unit wants you to deploy, it will notify you.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    My how things have changed. A lot of young people have great difficulty bending their will to that of the Corps.

it is quite different but it is admirable at least he wants to deploy, im looking for the same thing who wants to go trough their entire Marine Corps career and tell people all they did was sit around and do nothing.

There are a lot of people who join the Marine Corps and try to avoid deploying like the plague.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    true, and yet a person could do his or her enlistment and do what the Corps wanted them to do, and still have served his or her country even if it was in the mess hall for four years. They still did their part. Our point was that you must accept your part as assigned and not try to shop around get a better deal for yourself to the point where you are dissatisfied unless you get what you desire. The old days of serving country and Corps revolved around country and Corps, but today they also revolve around individual. I know this seems odd to many nowadays and indeed it is a foreign way of thinking.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Everyone knows us old timers are out of touch. But what probably caused some of these here posts is the original poster saying all he gets is the run around, like he's some kind of discontented shopper at K Mart trying to ask about a product. lol

Thread Information