Infantry Officer's Course
Create Post

Infantry Officer's Course

Marines!
    Happy Memorial Day, lest we forget our fallen comrades. I have been reading a bit about the Marine Infantry Officer's Course and it looks really hard corps. Does anyone know, if this course has ever been modified? My impression of it is that it's really hard to get through and the attrition rate is high.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

No and why would it? People make it through the course it is designed to weed out the weak, if you make the course easier it doesnt mean the fight is any easier and you are doing the Corps and the Men who serve under the officers an injustice. Only the best make it though as they should.

Thanks. So, it has been like this since its inception? It must be all the reporting about gender integration that makes me think the course was made tougher.

that i cannot attest to as i have not experienced first hand. But from what I have read they have not lowered the standards yet, not sure about higher. But the inevitability is coming to where to let females in they are going to lower the standards.

I think you're correct.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I obviously don't have any first hand knowledge of IOC, had a few friends go through it though back in '07/'08. From everything I know/heard about it, hasn't changed much at all since it began. You don't hear what it all entails and for good reason. It is intended to keep you on your toes physically and mentally to see how you handle uncertainty and things being thrown at you.

Thanks. I was on active duty a long time ago. I never knew how tough it was. Our officers didn't talk about it.

"60 Minutes" recently had a segment about the IOC. You may be able to search and find it somewhere. Maybe on the CBS website or youtube.com.

Thanks, Tennessee Top! I watched it.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Thread Information