Memorial Day Reflections........
Create Post
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Memorial Day Reflections........

Memorial Day is a time to reflect upon those fallen American heroes who have given their lives to keep this nation safe..

In many locales, Memorial Day has been sales,beach trips,BBQ's but not the reflection that it deserves.

Memorial Day has been dubbed the unofficial start of summer.

Many go to a beach,or park there is cold beer,soft drinks and alcohol flowing.

Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken,ribs and all the fixings are in abundance with an impressive spread.

The Marines,soldiers,sailors,airmen,and coast guard men and women that have fallen will never again have the chance to be with the families that most hold dearly in celebration this weekend.

From 1776 to present day many fallen heroes have met their demise and the life was cut short in an instant.

On the battlefield or in slumber many have gone before us and gave their lives so that we as a nation can continue to have the freedoms that we have now.

From the Battle of the Brandywine,Valley Forge, the halls of Montezuma,the hills San Juan, the bloody farms of Gettysburg,Antietam and Shiloh, the fields of Normandy, the beaches and sands of Iwo Jima, the frozen tundra of Chosin Reservoir,Inchon and Pusan, to the jungles and paddies of Khe Sanh,and the Mekong Delta.

From the peacekeeping mission in Beirut, and the liberation of the island of Grenada in Operation Urgent Fury.

The Cold War, Persian Gulf.

And now the present day battle in Iraq on the road to Fallujah, and the mountains and towns of Afghanistan.

And all these fallen heroes died so that their comrades and the people of this free land could drink a beer and have a picnic with their families,something that these men and women will no longer be able to do.

Let us take time on this weekend to reflect and memorialize our fallen brethren!

Semper Fidelis!

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Excellent, Chuck----we should really reflect upon these things every day, but especially on Memorial Day.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    God bless our fallen brothers.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    amen brother

Only thing Id like to add is remember the fallen, your fallen in your own way i am sure not everyone you lost would want you to sit home alone thinking about how they died or at a cemetary i know if i was taken from my body id want my buddies drinking a beer for me in rememberance of me.

The reason they gave their lives is so you can enjoy this day, just dont forget the reason for the season.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Just like funerals are for the living...not the dead....

I can take an hour and a half out of my holiday weekend to attend a memorial service to remember my fallen service brothers and sisters.....it's not like one is asked .....to take a shelter half and bivouac on a grave for the day.....

Just ice the beer down before you go....it will be colder when you get back.......

If one doesn't attend a service....for some reason......I can see that...Taps and the gun salute usually do me in.

But also count the National Ensigns flying in yards this weekend.....not as many as beach towels and volleyball probably......

"Let us take time on this weekend to reflect and memorialize our fallen brethren!"

5 minutes...1 minute if you chug.. to an hour and a half is not much to ask for those that gave so much........

I am a Marine Veteran I proudly served my country and Monday the 25th we will honor not me but the ones who did not come home so please as you BBQ remember them and make a extra burger for them my brothers and sisters who could not be there. I am sure they will look down and smile if you do

oh yeah and don,t forget the beer one for them also

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    God Bless our brothers and sisters.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    RIP Brothers and Sisters. Thank you for your Service and Sacrifices . I'm so tired of people saying " Happy Memorial Day " Those 3 words should not go together.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All gave some some gave All ...Go Easy

God bless and rest in peace to all our brothers and sisters who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    Semper Fi

Thread Information