Just got a rating of 40% but
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got a rating of 40% but

The VA just rated me 40% disabled for my back but nothing for my knee or heart, While in the Marines I had 1/3 of my knee cap taking out and later I had an Angina (heart ) attack also while in they rated the knee as service connected but 0 % the heart they said not service connected and 0% going to call a American Legion Officer the funny thing is I did not put anything down for my back the VA did that at the medical center

Similar Threads:

If you get with your American Legion or DAV in your area, they will assist you with getting your rating increased. I'm 70% and not nearly as dilapidated as you are.

thats my plan was just waiting to get a rating frist

The DAV will get you squared-away. Never dealt with the American Legion so can't say about them. Good luck brother.

Good Luck Brother-A friend of mine-got 20%-for CAD-Coronary Artery Disease-this guy smoked very heavy and quit 5 years ago.He got his rating and had nothing to do with his time in service.Hello Tennessee Top-Hope your Well,enjoying your work......Keep Em Breathing.......God Bless......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    40% plus a wife equals $650.00 every month tax free...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats You owe it 2 yourself Marine it's a big boot in the Door...Hell when I got out in 72 I was rated @ 30 per...4 multiple gunshot wounds alot of nerve damage & shattered bones Enough 2 make payments on a 440 Six pack Duster goes 2 show you I musta been F**ked in the Head 2 cause I shoulda bought that Hemi LOL all kidding aside Goodluck 2 ya Go Easy Sempers

First time I have heard of getting a rating for CAD when it is not service related.

if you set boots on the ground anywhere in Nam, then CAD is considered a "presumptive " disease resulting from "exposure to agent orange"... CAD is also called "Ischemic Heart Disease", which is what the VA calls it.....

They say I'm 100% and I'm in great shape.

Russ, DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE........

I'd like to get something for my hearing loss (huh, what's that you say?) and tinnitus, but I feel like I'd be leeching off the system since in the grand scheme of things that's a pretty minor ailment. I've often thought about contacting the VA, but since I never documented it while I was in I'm worried it would be a big waste of time. 11 years later and my ears are still ringing to beat hell from that damn IED though, lol

Justin, FILE YOUR CLAIM, you EARNED it... and no, you're not "leeching the system" ... if you need some help or advice on filing your claim, shoot me a PM.....

Roger. Will do. I'll PM you soon. Gotta get the shoulder thing squared away first.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    tinnitus is an automatic 10%, I have an open claim for hearing loss as I am on the threshold.
    Also got 40% for PTSD...
    The point is I waited 40 some odd years to finally file and it started with the tinnitus claim...

Thread Information