MEPS disqualifications
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MEPS disqualifications

Hello Marines, I've been trying to join the military for 3 years now. I was in the Air Force ROTC for 2 years in college and almost made it. That didn't work out. I tried to join the marines 2 times after and was rejected because of my history with ADD and on top of that I saw a psychologist because there was a rumor spread that I wanted to kill myself. It was not true. For the 3rd time I attempted to join the marines. Last week I was supposed to be sworn in. I waited the full 12 hours of watching tv at MEPS and my recruiter had told me to keep my history a secret but when they interrogated me I was tired, exhausted, and nervous to death. I ended up telling the truth about my ADD and the psychologist which I never ended up getting clearance from because she quit her job. The doctor there 3P'd me (mind you that particular doctor hated marines with a passion) so the captain of my recruiting office said he would fight for me but I really had to want it. I told him i wanted to be a marine more than anything. He said I had to get records of everything and bring it back to him in a package and we'll see how things go. I was very relieved that there is still a shred of hope, however most of you would likely agree there is no chance for me and that I am only getting my hopes up to once again be denied my dream. What can I do? Is it still possible for me to get sworn in even with all these waivers or am I just being naive? If I dont qualify in this MEPS would I have to go to another one, or would that mean I am banned from the U.S military for the rest of my life?

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    What can I do?
    Just what the Captain said.....get your package together and go from there.

MEPS for all branches are connected..If they reject you from the Marines you are rejected from all....do what he said.

I don't understand why you didn't follow your recruiters instructions. You would've avoided this whole fiasco with one word; "No." But do what Phantom Blooper said.

There is no chance for you. But, the game is not over till the final out is made so might as well go down swinging.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Interesting, the part about him being denied his dream, like he had nothing to do with it by giving them information they didn't need. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Interesting, the part about him being denied his dream, like he had nothing to do with it by giving them information they didn't need. LOL

If it was information they didnt need why would they torture me and then interrogate me to squeal out the information? The core values are dead. Its ridiculous that people have to lie in order to serve their country.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Well, the part about "denied my dream" smacks of a victim mentality. And if you were tortured and interrogated as if you were a prisoner of war, I believe you should report that to the United States Government. It's not that people have to lie to serve their country, it is that the military is more selective than ever, and can afford to be, with many more applicants than slots available. That's why, when something seemingly little like this comes up, they jump on it and disqualify people, because they have five hundred other applicants with no history of any kind. It's a question of practicalities in today's military. Many applicants=extreme selectivity, whereas you would have had zero problem years ago, when they (rightfully so) overlooked a lot of stuff.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Don't get me wrong. I firmly believe the military turns away some really good applicants. They do it because they can do it. I disagree with the idea that a completely unblemished record is the only way to go. Plenty of good people like yourself are turned away, and I don't think it's fair. But it's done simply because they can afford to do it. In other eras you would have been enlisted by now without a problem. Keep trying, as others have said.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Agree completely---I'm always posting this--that the selectivity has gotten out of hand, in my humble opinion. Anyway, keep us updated by resurrecting this same thread? We like to hear how things turn out.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If it was information they didnt need why would they torture me and then interrogate me to squeal out the information?
    At some point your captors can make most anyone talk...become complacent...or die.... if tortured long enough.....I don't have experience with this....except from my first wife.

However I do applaud you for telling the truth when you were being grilled....fingernails removed.....eyeballs super glued open....water boarded....so it now is out in the open....so if you do get in....it doesn't come back and bite you in the azz..........

It might be the stress level that you had before they gave you the Pentothal drug to make you talk.....and you just started blabbing in your euphoric state..

In any event calm down now....quit questioning the decision....get your package together and take it to the Captain.... before the CIA comes knocking at your door...Good luck!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I was going to mention waterboarding, Chuck, but thought he would have said so had he been subjected to that horrible torture. As it is, he will no doubt go into boot camp, if he is accepted for enlistment, with a Bronze Star.

Im sorry for having used the word torture. I couldnt find anything better to say so I exaggerated. but I realized I was acting like a ***** anyway. when I was at MEPS I guess I was caught between the decision to act tough and stick with what my recruiter told me or be the good guy with integrity and that confusion made me angry. Also having ADD made me angry but my fear of getting caught also lead me to screw myself over so I have no one to blame really except myself. Ill keep this thread updated within the month. thanks for all your help marines

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    You did the right thing, we're just kidding around. Keep us updated! Good luck to you, you have a good attitude, that will take you far.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Also having ADD made me angry but my fear of getting caught also lead me to screw myself over so I have no one to blame really except myself.
    Are you saying you still have ADD? And your ADD makes you angry when you are in a tense situation?

If you are able to enlist there will numerous times during your enlistment that you will be angry..pizzed off....tired...sleep deprived...wet....hungry...cold....and sometimes plain miserable....if your ADD is still active or needs to be treated for you
    to maintain concentration.....I would step back and reevaluate your options. Only you know....and only the doctor knows what you tell him/her.

You don't want to wind up in a stressful situation....such as boot camp...freeze....act out.....charged under the UCMJ and be sent home.....not able to complete your mission. Because no aluminum foil covers are allowed.....once you get off the bus. Good luck!

[QUOTE=Phantom Blooper;986134]Are you saying you still have ADD? And your ADD makes you angry when you are in a tense situation?
    TE]

No that's not what I meant. I was angry at the fact that I was born with bad genetics such as ADD, which was passed on to me by my father. And the fact that it impedes me from so many things bothers me. In reality a lot of people with ADD and ADHD fit well in the military. The structure, schedule and discipline are perfect environments for us.

Thread Information