MEPS disqualifications - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    you'll learn to get over things that you cannot control. Everyone has something less than perfection. You'll be fine. others live with it, you are doing a good job of doing that, too, trying to get into the military, overcoming it. good luck

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    No that's not what I meant. I was angry at the fact that I was born with bad genetics such as ADD, which was passed on to me by my father. And the fact that it impedes me from so many things bothers me.
    Makes sense too me...Good luck in your pursuit!

Hey guys,
    I went to a medical records department in Miami and they said they had no record of me having ADD or ADHD. So apparently the doctor told my mother I was just lazy and gave her some meds but my mom assumed I had ADD and convinced me it was on my record but it actually isnt. I am relieved and at the same time, what damage could I do if I tell the marines it was a mistake? I imagine the doctor at MEPS would be ticked off if he needed to change my military medical form again, or would I be disqualified for false information?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    No "damage" can be done by telling them what you found out. But the thing is, it's already on record with them, as you explained earlier.

Hurry up and get in the Corps before the military changes the rules to make it so that if you fell and skinned your knee when you were two years old at the local playground, you'll need letters from doctors, neurologists, the playground construction company and the city or town, as well as state law enforcement agencies. Exaggeration? Just barely, given what I've seen here for years.

Sounds like you have a rare talent for writing, even if it is fiction writing.Go for it./thumbs up/

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Just like you disclosed the info to them in the first place, now disclose the MIS-information to them, hoping they will be sensible enough not to make a federal case out of it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Once you got your medical records from Miami how did you get your mother to tell you the truth instead of the assumption?

Please don't say bright lights .........fingernails removed.....eyeballs super glued open....water boarded....

As far as MEPS goes you need to go back to your recruiter and proceed from there....although I would say you will be in a bind to get MEPS to go along with the new findings........

Best to see the recruiter and see if they will go along with this and get a statement outing your mother for her assumption.

The burden of proof is on you but it does not mean that you will be eligible for enlistment.....because even though you state you don't have ADD... over the years you have talked yourself into this diagnosis and it showed at MEPS.....

And now the burden of proof is going to be on you to show that you were only sleep deprived and under stress from watching TV....when you blurted your statement and that you can handle the stress of military life. Good luck!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Exactly, Chuck---good post as always....it's an example of that saying about once toothpaste is out of the tube, it's out....good luck to the OP, keep us informed here, please.

I wonder what kind of meds the doc gave to your mother to treat laziness? Seems like the MEPS docs may have the same question. Do the medical records indicate the prescription? The MEPS docs may want to see these records to back up your claim. You should work to get notarizied copies made just in case you need to provide them.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Very true and extremely helpful post.

Top is right, the name of the game, not just at MEPS but everywhere, is to be able to back up your assertions with paperwork.

Why should anyone take anyone's word for anything, especially in this day and age?

I cant seem to post my own thread but So 1 year ago i enlisted in DEP for the Marine Corps, 9 months ago i tore my ACL, the doctor suggested to let it gal naturally because it wasn't a full tear, about 4 months later during a weekly PT i fully tore it and had to get surgery, My recruiter knows of everything up until this point. I've been on medication for joint lubrication since then, and about 4 months ago i started water Polo season and the knee passion has got really bad since then but i didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to not play my senior year, but now season is done and the knee pain is still really bad and i go to meps next week for bootcamp, i think i am going to tell them about the knee pain because it is bad, but my recruiter dOes not know because he will think i am trying to pussy out last minute, but any way the thing is i am still on medication but It is optional at this point and the pain is still there.
    1) do i have the option to talk to the doctors when i get there?
    2) when i tell the doctors will they disqualify me? Or just push it back or can i go through with it through bootcamp

Don't know why your account shows you're a Marine if you haven't earned the title yet. Get that squared-away ASAP. Maybe that's why it's not letting you make your own post. Contact a squad leader.

Tell the docs at MEPS. DON'T go to bootcamp already in pain. Your DI's won't want to hear it (just like your recruiter). If you can't PT you'll be dropped to either the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP) where you'll just PT even more, or to medical.

Don't know if the docs will DQ you or give you time to get healed. Bottom line is - you MUST be able to PT with your platoon at bootcamp. If not, you will not graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by sakumalla059 View Post
    9 months ago i tore my ACL, the doctor suggested to let it gal naturally because it wasn't a full tear, about 4 months later during a weekly PT i fully tore it and had to get surgery, and about 4 months ago i started water Polo season and the knee passion has got really bad since then but i didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to not play my senior year, but now season is done and the knee pain is still really bad and i go to meps next week for bootcamp,
    Hmmm....don't mean to sound argumentative, but based on your post...

Seems to me getting fully healed and staying healthy in order to earn The Title has not been your priority.
    Why would you willfully take risks in getting further injuries that could jeopardize entry into boot by engaging in other athletically demanding activities.
    Polo seemes to be your latest priority.

Maybe I'm missing something but that's my take on your post....good luck.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    saku, do you butt into conversations in real life? start your own thread.

Hello again marines. I sent in all the letters needed for waivers. My dad came to the office and helped me with a few. I have an appointment for an interview with an NCO on the 18th of this month. All I know is he will ask me why I want to be a marine, but would you happen to know any other questions he will be asking me or how much pressure will be on me during this interview? I want to show up prepared this time

Thread Information