16 and Ready to serve! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Welcome to leatherneck.com. When you get ready and able to join up, go for it! Good luck to you.
    Thank you for the kind words!

If you wanna help Marines in the "best way possible" become an 04xx (logistics Marine) or an 08xx (artillery). Recon is overrated.

There are many ways to help Marines the best way possible. The biggest reason I enjoyed being in personnel/administration, is because I could help Marines in my Company/Battalion/Squadron with their pay, promotion, etc. I could sit down with a Marine and compute their composite score for promotion and show them where they needed to improve or, if they missed the cutting score, by how much. If one of them came to the Company office needing a set of emergency leave papers to go home ASAP, I could knock them out in a couple minutes, have the XO sign them, and have them on their way. Helped a lot of Marines fill out allotment requests and get them started. Made replacement dogtags, prepared reenlistment contracts/separation documents (DD-214). Maintained the Marine's Service Record Books (SRB) and Record of Emergency Data (RED). And, the list goes on. I always felt good when a Marine in my unit needed something and I was able to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    There are many ways to help Marines the best way possible. The biggest reason I enjoyed being in personnel/administration, is because I could help Marines in my Company/Battalion/Squadron with their pay, promotion, etc. I could sit down with a Marine and compute their composite score for promotion and show them where they needed to improve or, if they missed the cutting score, by how much. If one of them came to the Company office needing a set of emergency leave papers to go home ASAP, I could knock them out in a couple minutes, have the XO sign them, and have them on their way. Helped a lot of Marines fill out allotment requests and get them started. Made replacement dogtags, prepared reenlistment contracts/separation documents (DD-214). Maintained the Marine's Service Record Books (SRB) and Record of Emergency Data (RED). And, the list goes on. I always felt good when a Marine in my unit needed something and I was able to help them.
    While there are many ways to help Marines in the best way possible, I see it fit that Recon for me is the way I can help Marines and to all his own. Not only that, but I feel I can also get an enjoyment factor out of it, not only by bringing back reliable intel but also by having fun with it and facing challenges everyday and getting my blood pumping. To each his own opinion on the job they see fit I suppose. Thank you for your input by the way! It's not everyday you here stories about the other side of the Marine Corps and just how much it can help out other Marines!

Semper Fi
    Mike

Mike,

I know you are not aware but, you do not rate to use that greeting/salutation yet. "Semper Fi" is a term of endearment shared by Marines. Once you earn the title, then you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Mike,

I know you are not aware but, you do not rate to use that greeting/salutation yet. "Semper Fi" is a term of endearment shared by Marines. Once you earn the title, then you can use it.
    Sorry about that I'm still learning...

Thread Information