What was your MOS, and did you like it? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I was one of Uncle Sam's elite hired killers..(grunt) and I loved it and still love it today....Although it does not really have any technical value...you have a boatload of managerial skill and leadership abilities with a little bit of OJT..Tech school or college their would be no limit in what one could do.

I know I am one that being a grunt paid off........

I was a 2841 Radio Repairman (electronics tech) and liked it. I still do the same type of work. Going from radio repair, to paging to working on a cell phone network. Do I love it, nah. But I am very good at it and it pays good. It also allows me to do the stuff that I really love to do.

I was a 1391 BulkFuelMan , And loved the hell out it. I would get to fly with the Helicopters once they were refueled...As long as there were enough Marines to cover the Fuel Farm. With any Mos You get, You will only get out of it, what Your willing to put into it. Just like Life !!!

I was also a 2621 Manual Morse Intercept Operator, in the early to mid 1980's. That was a great job, as stated previously, and if available to you would be good to look into. There is a very limited direct transition to the civilian world, however, government jobs abound in the alphabet agencies upon your EAS. Good luck.

Thread Information