17 year old girl, want to be a Marine. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    op, a lot of Marines forget where they came from, as if they were always Marines from birth, which is just not the case. They come from a variety of backgrounds, some dropped out of high school and went on and got a GED and perhaps a PhD later, but what they did or did not do early in life is no real infallible indication of how they'll turn out. So take all this posturing with a grain of salt. you don't have to prove them wrong, or take up some imaginary challenge. you're doing fine just as you are. Keep going.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    lot of Marines forget where they came from, as if they were always Marines from birth, which is just not the case. They come from a variety of backgrounds, some dropped out of high school and went on and got a GED and perhaps a PhD later, but what they did or did not do early in life is no real infallible indication of how they'll turn out.
    I beg to differ....I have always been special....my shrink and the people at daycare tell me so everyday! When I was born I also shiatted Marine Corps green!

And you can be special too!

Go to your high school and get your transcripts and then go to your local CC and see what courses you need to get your GED and then enroll in the courses for your15 credits.

Keep in mind this must be a approved credited school.You maybe able to get a grant.

See the recruiter and see if you PT with them....stay out of trouble and study the ASVAB.

This is a lot on your plate with family commitment's.....however you can do it if you want the title of Marine.....

I am a firm believer that motivation comes from within.

I would be remiss if I did not say that you with a GED nowadays will have a harder time than a HS grad.

But it can be done.......

So remember when your up to azz in alligator's it can be difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp......complete your mission! Good luck!

Thread Information