Swearing In On Wednesday, Question?
Create Post

Question Swearing In On Wednesday, Question?

So I'm scheduled to take my physical and swear in on Wednesday, but I have a dilemma. When I was filling out the paperwork, I asked my recruiter a question regarding having seen a counselor before. I explained that I saw one for a bit because I was on Accutane for acne when I was fourteen and it was messing with my mind. As soon as the meds were out of my system I stopped seeing him. Anyway, my recruiter told me to mark "No" and said it'll be fine. So I did. Will it? I just want everything to be okay.

Thank you, Marines.

Similar Threads:

I decided I'm going to be honest and tell the person exactly what happened. I'd rather face disqualification for being honest instead of being at risk of fraudulent enlistment.

If the recruiter said NO, DONT SAY A DAMN THING AT MEPS. You'll screw up your chances and throw the recruiter under the bus. ESPECIALLY OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHICH ISNT SERIOUS. You marked no, leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    If the recruiter said NO, DONT SAY A DAMN THING AT MEPS. You'll screw up your chances and throw the recruiter under the bus. ESPECIALLY OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHICH ISNT SERIOUS. You marked no, leave it there.
    Okay, I'll leave it at that. Thank you, Marine.

I swore in, and now I'm in the DEP.
    I talked to my recruiter about getting it fixed, and got all the medical records together and he read it and said that it'll be no problem, it's cut and dry. So soon I'll be going up to MEPs again to talk to the doctors. Just a little update.

They're vague on what they're looking for on the paperwork. It's kind of a "got ya" to make weeding people out easier. It'll happen again during the moment of truth when you're at receiving. But, when they ask if you've seen a counselor, they're asking if you were forced to see one for being suicidal/violent/malicious/depression. In this case it was a medicine that was doing it to you, years ago, and not something you've currently developed on your own.

Hopefully it all works out for you.

Thank you for your reply, sir.
    On the paperwork, the counselor wrote that it seemed improbable that the medicine was causing it because I told him I was feeling that before the medicine. I said that because I thought I might be able to stay on it. Do you think it'll work out if I explain it? I was 14 and stupid, the medicine was clearing my face up and it made it a lot better so I wanted to keep it.

Wiat till you get one in each arm & one in the ass. & if you pass out your going home.

I can't answer your question without being sure. That seems like something you need to talk to your recruiter about, since he already knows, and obviously wants to keep you on board.

Thread Information