What MOS should I choose? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Problem is....young would be warriors, can't see beyond the so called....Glory. Your 15 minutes of fame, may very well be your last 15 minutes of life. The life of a Grunt is not glamorous. Your so called lust for blood is over shadowed by your will to survive. The daily life of a grunt is comparable with the first week of boot-camp. By that, I mean, you are constantly wondering what the fvck got into you, that you chose this way of life.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Agreed, Billy---what I was saying was that the OP doesn't seem to fit that category. But as I said, I've been wrong many many times and will be wrong in the future. Just my interpretation on what he seemed to be saying. He changed "lust for blood" one word after he said it

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    The key word being "rather", in other words, not lust for blood as such but a desire to be on the front lines, whether in football or in combat.

I.e. to do his part for his team, be it football team or USMC team. Maybe I'm completely wrong, I have been before and will continue to be wrong again now and then (perhaps often).
    I apologize to everyone for any misunderstandings. The above quote represents exactly what I meant. I understand that the term bloodlust was a bit overkill. There is no glory in killing. Furthermore, I do not intend to go into 0300 with the intent for glory and fame, nor am I looking for a chance to spill blood. I understand that this is not a game. There is no reset button. I would like to thank you all for all of the responses. I am still young and I respect everyone's opinion.

I would also like to thank USMC2571 for defending me/ his interpretation of what I meant.

Last edited by FoxtrotOscar; 04-23-15 at 01:35 PM. Reason: OP requested modification...

I may have missed it somewhere and it's posted, however as others have posted; the decision is yours.

Here's my problem with your post. Pick the MOS, you decide, but if you don't pass Boot Camp you miss the Gold Ring; because you sure as hell not going to be a Marine period, regardless of the MOS you choose.

In another post, you then want to be a Force Recon Marine, and then switch back to your original MOS. You need to learn, and learn fast; being a Marine is not a game. Once you write the check putting your life on the line; nothing else matters except what the Corps needs are,

As far as USMC2571(Dave) defending you about what you meant. I don't buy it. You meant what you posted! Mongoose told you like it is, and when the heat got turned up, you retreated.

Let me also remind you that you are posting with Marines, not your buddies. These Marines have earned the right to post what they feel, and their posts were based on what you posted. They don't need your advice to get back on topic; they were on topic!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Let's get back on topic..........did you choose an MOS?

Go for 5900. The school is in 29 Palms, and its very long, very in depth, and extremely challenging, but its a great MOS field. You'll work as an electronic technician with equipment specific to the air wing (ATC radars, navigation aid techs, comm systems, etc). If you play your cards right, further your off duty education, and get certs related to these jobs on the civilian side, you can set yourself up with a lucrative career when you get out working in the aviation industry.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I concur with LCPL1341, for the reasons he stated, and because the OP said his first choice is 5900, mentioned that in the second or so sentence in his initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    Go for 5900. The school is in 29 Palms, and its very long, very in depth, and extremely challenging, but its a great MOS field. You'll work as an electronic technician with equipment specific to the air wing (ATC radars, navigation aid techs, comm systems, etc). If you play your cards right, further your off duty education, and get certs related to these jobs on the civilian side, you can set yourself up with a lucrative career when you get out working in the aviation industry.
    Thank you. I think I have finally decided to go into 5900. I think that this is best match with what I enjoy doing. Now I just have to wait for a spot to open up.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good choice....keep us updated.

Thread Information