Specific Jobs and deployment
Create Post

Question Specific Jobs and deployment

Hey everybody, and hello MARINES!! I would like to start off by thanking you all brave devil dogs for your service, as well as your commitment to our wonderful country, the best ******* country on this planet. You all deserve a lot more praise than you are given, and it's unfourtunate that some of our society has been forgetting some of our servicemen!

My question is regarding Jobs in the Marine Corps(Specifically Infantry), I am aware that I will get to pick my MOS which I believe is 0300, But is there anyway I can recieve a guranteed Job? Don't get me wrong, I'd be proud to be a United States Marine and serve my country in anyway possible, but I'm really interested at just being a 0311. Is it possible to have my job choice specifically placed in my contract? And I want to be deployed Into a combat zone, can this be placed into my contract as well? My apologies, I wouldn't be surprised if this question has been asked, or if there is already a thread on this and I missed it, so I thank you all for your patience. And thank you again Marines, Every single one of you are my Idol's and I aspire to Become one of you, and earn the right to say Semper Fi till I die. Take it easy bros.

Similar Threads:

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    ?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    No and No

There is no "combat" deployments going anywhere right now or in the immediate future anyway

No more combat as long as this president can prevent it. Our new commandant wants to increase the use of training simulators. So, if you get your wish, and become a grunt, maybe you can kill avatars with pretend bullets. Todays infantry Marines are trainers and advisors.

And, you will not get to pick your MOS. You will get to pick your MOS field. In the case of the infantry field, primary MOS's are assigned at Infantry Training Battalion (ITB), School of Infantry East or West based on the needs of the Marine Corps at that time. Marines may be assigned as a rifleman, machine gunner, mortar man, etc.

You need to go talk to a recruiter (if you're at least 17).

Guaranteed MOS: No you cant get that; unless you go reserves.

Combat deployment: Again, no. It doesn't look like any Marines will be doing any combat pumps in the foreseeable future. This whole ISIS thing is gonna blow over within 2 years tops, and the Iraqi Army with the help of our secret squirrel advisers and Navy/Air Force pilots are gonna do it.

Don't forget. Iran is helping the Iraqi Army too. They will want something in return. Look for this administration to let them have it - with a cherry on top.

Thread Information