Re-Enlist / LAT move
Create Post

Re-Enlist / LAT move

To anyone with an answer,

So I got out pf the Marine Corps in 2013 with an Honorable discharge as a Cpl, and got a good paying job (Executive Protection) however I don't really enjoy the civilian work force. Thus I have begun considering re-enlistment. and have a couple questions hoping someone on here has an answer or similar experience before I talk to a recruiter.

I was an 0341 (Infantry Mortar-man) and was with 1/7, I really enjoyed being infantry however the being an 0341 wasn't to appealing/joyful so I'm wondering if it's possible to enlist as an 0313 (LAV Crewman) I've already been to SOI so would it be considered a Lateral Move?

I'm aware that you can't generally enlist into a specific 03 MOS, it's a luck of the draw when your at SOI, but is that only for initial enlistments?

Thanks,
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm also aware of the down sizing so I know I may have to wait a while, and that's alright.

Best,
    David