Withholding Information
Create Post

Withholding Information

Hello Marines,

I am not a Poolee yet but am an applicant at a local recruiting station and hope to enlist ASAP (but currently I am only 16 and have not graduated highschool) and hope to enter the DEP next month.

I have reason to believe these small patches on my arm, chest, and legs are numuler eczema and am going to a dermatologist very soon to find out what they are. I have searched this and other forums to only find that it is not normally waived. With that, I'd like to know if I should tell my recruiter about it if it is in fact eczema. Will he just not accept me into the DEP or allow me to enlist if he knows I'm about to get DQ'd and be a waste of his energy?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    My initial reaction is yes, disclose everything. Why? 1. Because you're supposed to, 2. because of fraudulent enlistment consequences, and 3. in this case because it's obvious anyway. It's not like failing to disclose that you cried once when you were two years old, like some of the foolishness nowadays that gets folks DQd. But others will be along to help, too. Good luck to you.

Thanks for setting me straight. I feel like that would be the most honest thing to do.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I could tell you already felt that way from the title of your thread....and the fraudulent enlistment consequences can be severe, but that's irrelevant here if you're going to disclose everything. I was wondering if this condition would DQ you from ALL branches of the military, and I suppose if it is a disqualifying condition, than it is so across the board. But others here are 1000 times more knowledgeable about recruiting questions than I am, so be patient and you'll get some answers here.

Credits
    Savings
    Im old, I'm Cranky,and I'm Grumpy.

BUT , one thing I am not, is Medically
    qualified to answer your question,,,,

I would ask you a question in return
    for you to give serious consideration....

Do you think those "SPOTS" would show
    up in a Medical Exam, when they give
    it to you at MEPS ???????

come on lad,, don't try to sneak an Elephant
    into the mess hall......

It's hard to explain without pictures but these spots are no larger than dimes and blend indistinguishably into my skin however are a little pinkish on the outer part of the spot anywhere from a quarter to half way around that occasionally appear.

Quote Originally Posted by RSN3 View Post
    It's hard to explain without pictures but these spots are no larger than dimes and blend indistinguishably into my skin however are a little pinkish on the outer part of the spot anywhere from a quarter to half way around that occasionally appear.
    yes you should tell the recruiter about them, they will show up in the medical exam anyway and the last thing you want to do is have you recruiter blindsided, they may just have you go to your local Doc to find out for sure what it is and if it is treatable to get rid of it..

The National Ensign in your avatar is on backwards too.

Yes you should tell your recruiter if it is something visible you will be found out at meps they do a full physical meaning you will get fully naked and be checked out by the doctors. So mention it to him before you get in too deep not sure if it is waiverable but better to be safe than barred from service.

Thread Information