Weight limit to join Marines?
Create Post

Weight limit to join Marines?

So I wanna enlist in the Marines. But want to know if they'd accept my weight. I'm 68 inches tall and weigh 194. Would they accept me or will I have to drop more?

Similar Threads:

Kevinjg34,

I did a simple Google search (took 20 seconds) and according to military.com a person who is 68 inches tall should weigh between 125 min. to 181 max. So to answer your question, yes you need to lose weight.

I don't know if they still have it but at Parris Island overweight recruits were labeled as "Fat Bodies" and as such their diets were drastically restricted. However, your weight may keep you from being accepted in the 1st place. Rather than ask here though, go see a recruiter because they are the ones that create magic.

Brendon as a Corpsman with grunts I had alot of big boys but they were all muscles,so the platoon SGTwanted me to weigh my big boy I mean they were at least 20 pound overweight the didnt have an ounce of fat on them
    so after monitoring them I told the Gunny that there is nothing that can really be done except slow down on the workout . I gave a class anf said that when you work out you build up your muscles so it is all muscles and there is really nothing you can do. Semper Fi and Merry Christmas Brendon

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF.

Doc h fmf,

Yea I didn't think about muscle weight. My Gunny was "over weight" but it was because he was a body builder.. I don't think anyone in S-3 or the squadron had the guts to say anything haha. Thanks doc for your input and you have a Merry Christmas as well!

Credits
    Savings
    12-04-17, 09:50 PM #2 BrandonL .................................................. .................... .................................................. .................... Over-anxious in his eagerness posted a reply with out checking the original post date- 04-07-15, 09:15 PM #1 Kevinjg34 Marine Friend Free Member Join DateApr 2015Posts2Credits 130 Savings 0 Weight limit to join Marines?

may well asked another Marine ???

There are many scales available that measure your body fat percentage. If your body fat % is low you might then have an argument.

Thread Information