enlistment and meps - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can't tell if being smart asses or serious haha

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    (Not serious at all)....not about the Commandant, at least.

Okay that's what I thought haha

Have my appointment Monday. Will fill you guys in on what happems

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck. Bring up this same thread and update it.....

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    Good luck. Bring up this same thread and update it.....
    Do you mean rewrite the first thing I posted update or just in a reply?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Nope, just reply to this same thread like you did just now.....It will be a page or two back just in the next couple of days, but find it and keep us updated here, without beginning a new thread.....you can always reply to any thread at any time, so keep this same one going.

Okay I will. Hoping for the best.

Nope, just reply to this same thread like you did just now.....It will be a page or two back just in the next couple of days, but find it and keep us updated here, without beginning a new thread.....you can always reply to any thread at any time, so keep this same one going.
    Had my appointment and everything went great there. Doctor found no signs of keratoconis that II was falsely diagnosed with and said I I'm cleared and good to serve in the military. Because every option in the marine corps was exhausted and they can't do anything further I now have to go through the army. Went and talked to them and they directly submitted my medical paper work from today to the meps doctor for review. Was told the soonest I will ship out is 4 weeks

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations on being accepted into the military. Did I hear you right, that you can't get into the Corps because of a disease you DO NOT have, but you can get into the Army with a disease you DO NOT have???

Congratulations on being accepted into the military. Did I hear you right, that you can't get into the Corps because of a disease you DO NOT have, but you can get into the Army with a disease you DO NOT have???
    I havnt been accepted yet but I've been cleared through my doctor just waiting for meps doctor to clear me so I can enlist. And yes can't join the marine corps because we exhausted all our options And can't proceed any further. But the army I Haven't tried so the marine corps recruiters sent me there and so far I'm doing good.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    OK, congratulations on taking the next step toward possibly being accepted in the military. You said before that you already exhausted all your USMC options. And cannot go any further. That's what I was talking about. HOW is it that you can't go any further with the USMC when in fact you DO NOT have the disease in question?

See what I mean?

True, the Army is working with you concerning a disease you DON'T have. But the Corps is done with you because you were initially misdiagnosed but are now good to go? Mind-boggling.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I would love to see a return to common sense in the world we live in. But apparently that's just a dream.

OK, congratulations on taking the next step toward possibly being accepted in the military. You said before that you already exhausted all your USMC options. And cannot go any further. That's what I was talking about. HOW is it that you can't go any further with the USMC when in fact you DO NOT have the disease in question?

See what I mean?

True, the Army is working with you concerning a disease you DON'T have. But the Corps is done with you because you were initially misdiagnosed but are now good to go? Mind-boggling.

Yeah its mind boggling to me to and absolutely frustrating. Been fighting all this for so long over a disease I don't have and provided countless amounts of proof that I don't have it. Oh well I planned on doing the army for 4 years and put in a transfer into the marine corps.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickpc2 View Post
    Yeah its mind boggling to me to and absolutely frustrating. Been fighting all this for so long over a disease I don't have and provided countless amounts of proof that I don't have it. Oh well I planned on doing the army for 4 years and put in a transfer into the marine corps.
    there is no way to "transfer into the Marine Corps"...you would have to go to boot camp, SOI, MOS school. AND you would basically lose your rank and all your time in.

Thread Information