Question regarding a medical diagnosis & enlistment. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Oh, no, no. I understand that going to a different branch will not help me. Referring to LCPL's post about going into the fine print, but that I actually need to find a recruiter that will put in the work to get me to MEPS. Like I said, if I can get to a psych eval, i'll be content even if i'm DQ'd. That's why I want to go to the AF recruiter that I know personally and my brother will be an assistant there to at the very least encourage this recruiter that we both know to do all he can.

I completely understand my chances of getting in. All I want to do is do everything I possibly can. I'm sure if you all went back and had an obstacle preventing you from joining the military, you would do everything you could before simply giving up. I know my situation and my story and I honestly my believe my chances are above 0%. Even if it's .1%, it's still a chance.

Thank you Phantom for the information and USMC2751 for the luck.

Also I'd like to say... My situation is - unique.. I've never been depressed or thought about suicide before. I have never even really been sad for a very long period of time, not even an entire day or anything like that. And when I am sad, it's never affected what I do or say or how I act. This false "suicide attempt" wasn't born out of emotion or not being able to handle things or not wanting to live anymore. I know this doesn't matter to the military or the DOD, but i'm just letting you all know so you have a better frame of reference. That's why it's frustrating. If I knew it would have caused this much trouble, I wouldn't have done it. But I did it, and now i'm here to accept the consequences (not without fighting them though)
    I just thought i'd let you know, whoever cares to read.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Two quick points---even if a "suicide attempt" is not a "real" one, it still shows SOME issue, some issue of some kind....not only that, but how are unbiased individuals supposed to differentiate between real and fake suicide attempts? They can't. So, they don't take chances with folks who have that kind of history, even if it's a one time thing--------as I always say here---200 people looking for a job, 100 have issues of one kind or another---there are twenty openings. Why would an employer even look at the group that has issues when they have another 100 people with no issues?

Thread Information